Home

Old 05-25-2004, 10:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Ratings

I have a 2004 question.

Does anyone know how all the ratings affect players differently? Yeah, I understand speed, but what about awareness? Leadership? Have you figure out how intelligence affects players? Thanks for any help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2004, 12:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Ratings

this answer will take a big reply dude... maybe someone here will take the time to make a huge post explaining how each rating affects every player.. but i think with common sense you can pretty much figure out most of it.
lets say strenght.. for a HB for example strength will both help in breaking tackes and in how many yards he will be able to gain even fater being tackled... i think its to extensive to talk about every rating, i know my post isnt helping you out alot but its just common sense most of the time... some stats are more important to some kind of players than to others etc..
Old 05-25-2004, 01:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Ratings and the draft

I do appreciate the reply.

I guess my question is a complex one. For instance. I love the fast HB. The faster the better. But I recognize that this doesn't equate to a great back. I've noticed running backs with 90 overall ratings who's speeds were in the low 80s and sometimes high 70's. When drafting in fanchise mode, it is very difficult to figure out how the numbers equate to skill level, IMO. But others might have a better understanding. I was hoping there might be a somewhat simple formula for drafting.

And maybe that is what I should have called the thread: ratings and the draft.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:02 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Don't know if you've read it already, but the in-game manual explains how each rating affects the player.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:20 PM   #5
Rookie

yeah.. and i also think (at least this is what i have been doing) you should not pay that much of attention to overall rating.. yeaht overall rating will give you an idea of the quality of the player you are getting... but overall ratings can be achieved some times by a player that has high numbers on a quality that you really dont need that much for that specific player (am i talking nonsense here ?) i have traded players of higher overall ratings for player with less overall ratings that would actuall work best for me in the postition because he was a better player on the specific qualities i needed him to be for that position.

now of course im talking about players with similar overall ratings.. like 2 - 3 points of difference at most in overall rating... example.. u get a WR.. what is important to you for a WR ? catch, run routes, speed, secure ball , consistency, break tackes ?... u can have a player that has overal rating higher because its a WR with better tackling, pass arm strenght, coverage etc.. things that are not really important to that player but that can raise his overall stats a couple of points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2004, 04:36 PM   #6
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

we've got a breakdown HERE at nfl2kx
Old 05-26-2004, 12:43 PM   #7
Rookie

Thanks.

So Jumping: There is no actual proof visual proof it is working.

I realize that they are all basically obvious. But like the Jumping, Have you been able to tell a considerable difference between DBs with an awareness of 90 and 70?

Have you noticed an impact that leadership has? If a guy has a QB has a 30 at leadership, will you be able to notice? What will you see?

What about strength? Do you detect a huge difference in your OL when between 90 and 70?

Sure, there are alot more variable to take into consideration. But if i have a guy OL with 70 in strength, will he get pushed over a walked over by a DL with 90 strength? If not, why?
Old 05-26-2004, 12:51 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

quizzler said:
Thanks.

So Jumping: There is no actual proof visual proof it is working.

I realize that they are all basically obvious. But like the Jumping, Have you been able to tell a considerable difference between DBs with an awareness of 90 and 70?

Have you noticed an impact that leadership has? If a guy has a QB has a 30 at leadership, will you be able to notice? What will you see?

What about strength? Do you detect a huge difference in your OL when between 90 and 70?

Sure, there are alot more variable to take into consideration. But if i have a guy OL with 70 in strength, will he get pushed over a walked over by a DL with 90 strength? If not, why?

You might just have to see for yourself. I for one have never paid attention to any ratings (don't play franchise, though) until I'm getting hammered by someone in particular.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »