Home

In Game Commentary?

This is a discussion on In Game Commentary? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2004, 05:37 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: In Game Commentary?

Here are some examples.

After a fair catch: "He did the right thing. He concentrated and caught the ball"

another... "Boom! He's on his back!"
Old 06-03-2004, 06:23 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

has anyone ever tried to playing with the commentary off.you can really hear the players trash talk better.and the hits sound harder.the p.a. announcer does the play by play.also turn down the crowd volume a bit
Old 06-03-2004, 07:32 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Sometimes after a play on FPF or even on normal I'll here them say something like:

Say I just tackled Charlie Garner down in the backfield they'll say something like:

"Charlie, you better stay back there because you ain't going anywhere!!"
Old 06-04-2004, 06:13 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Kanobi said:
It'd be great if the sunday night crew could just to do the Sunday Night Football games. Mike Patrick already calls games in College hoops so...he might have contributed to espnfl 2k5 but who knows.

As for dan and peter...those two are great and arguably serve up the best commentary in pro football gaming. However, one thing I'd love them to do is show more emotion in big games and on big plays that perhaps may end a team's playoff hopes OR propel a team INTO the post-season. Game winning field goals...int returns that seal a game (ala the Vikes int in one of the OS vids). I think situations like those deserve more emotion from Dan and Peter than just their typical 2-man comedy routine.

I'd love to here somethin like this for example

Well......Maybe not that dramatic but you guys get what I'm saying.

Also, heres a list of things I suggested that Dan and Peter need to make note of in this yrs game...

Improved Commentary In NFL2k5

Read that and you'll see that as good as nfl2k's commentary is...it can be much better. I think a few of the things on that list will be in 2k5's play-by-play. At least I hope so

that commentary from the cards-vikes game was hilarious, listen to it (this was the vikes announcer in case you cant tell) " TUUU.......T......TOUCHDOWN!!, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!...........NOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO!!, THE CARDINALS HAVE KNOCKED THE VIKINGS OUT OF THE PLAY-OFFS!!

now if espn could get that guy, damn, he would add a ton of excitement to the commentary
Old 06-04-2004, 06:30 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

When I heard that clip I laughed not because I don't like the Vikes but because he was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! And because that guy said in the beginning "Get back guys!" What's that all about?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2004, 11:03 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

SteelersFreak said:
When I heard that clip I laughed not because I don't like the Vikes but because he was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! And because that guy said in the beginning "Get back guys!" What's that all about?

well that announcer is obviously a die-hard vikes fan, does more than play-by-play, and you have alot of announcers on local radio like that, he was just "telling" the vikes; DB's to get move back to prevent the td

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »