Home

Playing with 2004 draft picks

This is a discussion on Playing with 2004 draft picks within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2004, 05:09 AM   #1
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
Playing with 2004 draft picks

I have been updating the free agents and rookie signings and man and playing rhis game makes me miss football. The interaction between O and D Linemen and WR vs DB is the best I have seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2004, 06:09 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Playing with 2004 draft picks

I almost tear up everytime I watch a replay of this game and watch the O & D-line and WR & DB go at it. My favorite naimation is where a QB will throw a pass and a D-linemen will jump to try and block the pass and the O-linemen pushes the D-linemen down to the ground out of mid air.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:09 AM   #3
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

The other thig I notice while playing it compared to the videos for this year game. Being that I let the QB do its own drop back the play develops so realistic. When I see pressue I moved according to the pocket and the Tackle or Gaurd or even sometimes the HB comes and makes the block and I go untouched even against some heated pass rushes.

Now sometimes they do come untouched like Boss Bailey came on a blitz and no one touched him but they were in a Bear D and blitzed Teddy Lehman up the middle so it looked believable.

And the thing I love the most about this game is the way (at least with the settings I have) you can see the QB throw the inaccurate but the WR go and get it. And I like the fact that deflected passes aren't the only way to make an incomplete pass in this game. In real life DBs don't get that many knockdowns in a game like in madden. Alot of missed passes are defended by knocking the ball out after the WR has made contact with the ball trying to make the catch.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:40 PM   #4
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

Had another good game Jets vs Lions. Kevin Jones had a decent 69 yards rushing with 35 yards rec. But Jonathan Vilma for the Jets had a 12 solo 3 assisted tackles. Roy Williams had 1 catch for the lions Tai Streets had a big Game for the CPU. I was up after a by 4 after Justin Mccerains causght a 4 yd TD with a 5 mins left. Then I kicked off and gave up 30 yards on the return. Lions had the ball at the 40 I thought for sure the game was gonna pull a Madden Robo QB on me. I I played zone but brought my LBs to the line faking blitz Harrington falls for it and threw right to John McGraw the safety. I get conservative and now its 3rd and 9 at midfield. I go with the same play I scored the TD with It looked open but out of nowhere here comes Teddy Lehman picks it off and reurns it to my 39. 1st down they throw a pass to Streets he gets 20 yards. There was 40 secs on the clock and Charles Rogers catches this this slant on Donnie Abraham with 30 secs left and strecthced out and got the TD as he caught it.

Damn I can't wait till 2005 gets here.

So Suzy could have interviewed Rogers and Boomer could have showed the big plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »