Home

Espn's Graphics will blow maddens away...

This is a discussion on Espn's Graphics will blow maddens away... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2004, 06:53 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Espn\'s Graphics will blow maddens away...

Quote:

TIm said:
You know what guys, Instead of just bashing a post or bashing a game Why don't you give constructive Reasons why you don't like it...If you don't want to comment then don't..I think if we have more meaningful forums developers will notice what we like about another game and try to implement it..Like if someone says Madden graphics are better don't just yell that he's a dumbas@ Say I don't think so because The lighting really makes the game...(Just a example.)

i agree with you.. whats the problem about it.. i read lots of threads that i think are obvious/dumb etc... if i dont have anything constructive to say what do i do ? nothing.. simply i dont reply and the thread is dead by itself.

now everytime anyone posts any kind of comparison about espn x madden 60% of the replies are.. you will start a flame wars.. u should not ask this.. you should not say taht... well i think we already have moderators in the forums to close threads or warns anyone that crosses the line.

im not directing this to jmood.. in this case i think the way u put it on the title may sound a lil bit too much to say it will blown madden etc... i made a post the other day about what in madden was still better than espn in ppls opininon and some guys started the same thing.. ppl even asked why i posted it here.. i asked here because i think this forum has the most hardcore football fanbase... i respect those opininons and this is why i ask.. i think espn football rules and is way better than madden, yet there is stuff in madden that is still better than in espn and that was what my post was about and untill now i dont know why was it closed.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:42 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:

SiK_WiT_iT said:
Yea, ESPN graphics are definetly better than Madden, but to say they will blow Madden's(graphics) away is goin a lil overboard, dont u think.

No because he is damn right they are gonna blow Madden's graphics away. Maybe EA will read this and do something about their lackluster graphics that been close to the same since the first madden to appear on ps2 like 4 years ago. Dont get me wrong..madden is a "SOLID" football game but their graphics are just getting very old very quickly.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:49 PM   #19
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Krioniq said:
Quote:

DXZeke said:
Here is what VIP mode is...

"At the end of each game, your user profile will be updated thanks to the new Virtual Identity System (VIP). This includes everything from how often you blitz to your 3rd down conversion percentage. It tracks the number of times you use hot routes, your average yards per run, and even provides a passing chart showcasing the length and direction of all of your passing plays. Incredible.Once stored, your personal VIP can be uploaded online for others to play against, while at the same time, you could be downloading the VIP's of the best players in the country so you can scout tendencies, plays, and audibles to see how they win. Assign the computer team a specific VIP to play as, and it's like you're playing against a human opponent even though another player is really nowhere in sight." -IGN

Dumb question, but I have to ask it...

Will this VIP system work for offline player profiles too? For example, if my bro and I both had profiles and my bro wasn't home, could I play against his VIP profile?

that is correct
Old 05-27-2004, 09:13 PM   #20
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

I for one don't think madden is bad in the graphics dept. but Espn is just so crisp...From the players to the crowd...Fine example in baseball Mvp has very blurry backgrounds while espn is better...Back to football..I really think the only think madden needs to do is work on the crowd..If they do that and don't stress too many cloud effects I would be happy....But both games will be good...Espn nfl football is my taste...
Old 05-27-2004, 10:38 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 21

I still think Madden looks like a cartoon, but I'm almost ashamed to say it cuz then I look like a fanbo y. I think EA made a mistake by waiting until the next generation to improve its graphic engine. Maybe that does make me an ESPN fanbo y. But you know what, to someone who has been playing Madden for 10+ years, they've pretty much lost me by staying the same. I've always played Madden and NCAA every year, and between the 2, that's like 16 years with the same engine. I'm glad ESPN provides a quality alternative.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2004, 07:22 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Espn\'s Graphics will blow maddens away... *DELETED*

Post deleted by Bacardi151
Old 05-28-2004, 08:57 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Madden's better, Madden's better!

Jmood is right. We have 1,000,000 posts about this vs. that. I don't see the point in this. It's just opinion anyway.

If I think Madden is better should I post about the flat chested ESPN player models? Or the goofy helmets? THen you can make fun of the fat cartoon Madden players. Wow great idea!
Old 05-28-2004, 10:25 AM   #24
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

Jistic said:
Madden's better, Madden's better!

Jmood is right. We have 1,000,000 posts about this vs. that. I don't see the point in this. It's just opinion anyway.

If I think Madden is better should I post about the flat chested ESPN player models? Or the goofy helmets? THen you can make fun of the fat cartoon Madden players. Wow great idea!

The difference between people defending ESPN and people defending Madden is that the ESPN people will admit to graphical errors and issues that this game has (like you said, the "boxy" chests and the "oval" helmets). If the ESPN people say ANYTHING bad about Madden, all of the Maddenites will go, "NO!, it's there, seriously, just look! ESPN sucks, they can't do this right! etc."

Maddenites will continue to defend, while ESPN gamers will continue to admit, then strike back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »