Home

Some nice touches and funny stuff

This is a discussion on Some nice touches and funny stuff within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2004, 09:39 PM   #1
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Some nice touches and funny stuff

The other day I decided to pop in espn and start up a new franchise (starting to get pumped for 2k5 ). So anyway I make some trades and whatnot and get Joey Harrington, so as I'm playing a game and they show the crowd shots, their wearing #3, how cool is that? seeing as how before they wore Maddox's #8.I'm sure many of you have noticed this but i thought it is a cool idea.
Now for the funny stuff, have you noticed that during the halftime report when boomer is talking about the hot at the half player ,when they show him if you look to the left you're talking to yourself!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2004, 09:23 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1
Re: Some nice touches and funny stuff

Quote:

CowherPower said:
The other day I decided to pop in espn and start up a new franchise (starting to get pumped for 2k5 ). So anyway I make some trades and whatnot and get Joey Harrington, so as I'm playing a game and they show the crowd shots, their wearing #3, how cool is that? seeing as how before they wore Maddox's #8.I'm sure many of you have noticed this but i thought it is a cool idea.
Now for the funny stuff, have you noticed that during the halftime report when boomer is talking about the hot at the half player ,when they show him if you look to the left you're talking to yourself!

That's cool. and yeah, I noticed that too about the Hot at the half player.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:42 AM   #3
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Quote:

CowherPower said:

That's cool. and yeah, I noticed that too about the Hot at the half player.

It only happens a couple times and it's just a glitch. I've only seen it about 5 times.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:10 PM   #4
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13

EVERY SINGLE TIME I saw the hot at the Half Player he was doing that holding out his hands and act like he's running animation. No matter what position he was. I hope they put in some more but that got old real quick.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:54 PM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

spacefunk said:
EVERY SINGLE TIME I saw the hot at the Half Player he was doing that holding out his hands and act like he's running animation. No matter what position he was. I hope they put in some more but that got old real quick.

That is why I think developers should avoid the humorous scenes and commentary. It might be funny the first time, and mildly entertaining the second time. But the next 998 times is pure annoying. "Spam in a kicking teams can" comes to mind.

Funny stuff should be designed to occur once every 50 hours of gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2004, 12:03 AM   #6
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:

Cardot said:
Quote:

spacefunk said:

That is why I think developers should avoid the humorous scenes and commentary. It might be funny the first time, and mildly entertaining the second time. But the next 998 times is pure annoying. "Spam in a kicking teams can" comes to mind.

Funny stuff should be designed to occur once every 50 hours of gameplay.

I believe it's "spam in a kicking team's sandwich"
Old 05-31-2004, 12:03 AM   #7
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

jmood88 said:
It only happens a couple times and it's just a glitch. I've only seen it about 5 times.

A couple of times? Either you don't play that much or you heven't paid much attention It seems like it happens all the time unless I'm seeing thing's But I'm pretty sure the bus doesn't have a twin brother that plays for the Steelers
Old 05-31-2004, 12:08 AM   #8
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Another nice touch... my friend as Doug Johnson (Mike Vick got hurt) scrambles out of the pocket to evade pressure and runs into teammate Warrick Dunn. Johnson kinda sticks his arm out onto Dunn and shoves off of him for momentum and support and in the process pushes Dunn down! Not really anything too elaborate, but a nice touch nevertheless that doesn't happen except in ESPN.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »