Home

Two ?s: What's the best way to stop outside run? How to intercept?

This is a discussion on Two ?s: What's the best way to stop outside run? How to intercept? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2004, 06:50 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Two ?s: What\'s the best way to stop outside run? How to intercept?

Man coverage is NOT as bad as we first thought against the run, even the outside run. But if you are going to run man, scheme is important. And no I don't mean 43, 34, Nickel. I mean coverage, with personell swapping, matchups and all that. One of the man coverage schemes I run out of the Ravens playbook is very nice, but it requires some creativity with the personell swaps and the matchups. It will give you 2 and when the A.I just wants to give you some yards maybe 3 or 4 yds due to the slippage of tackles, but alot of times it results in no gain or tackle for loss It's a scheme that is partly responsible for me having the #2 defense in one of my leagues and we are going on week 11 and I've only given up a little over 800 yds on the season. That's LESS than 100 yds a game. And I run a hell of alot of man. The biggest key is spacing and alignment. These are two factors that determine how the defenders will flow. Yes the angles are rather bad, but it can be made up for a little bit by designing a scheme predicated on spacing and alignment. The spacing and alignment would have to be sure that someone is taking the outsides and someone has middle. Sometimes it might require you to move 1 player manually. But in the end man coverage aint that bad, and sometimes it better, yes I'll say better than zone especially if you have good CB's. I say this because smart players once they see zone, audible to pass and if they know, they know how to beat the zones easily.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »