Home

What's this celebrity stuff in 2k5?

This is a discussion on What's this celebrity stuff in 2k5? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2004, 03:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
What\'s this celebrity stuff in 2k5?

I've read something about celebrities being in The Crib somehow, can anybody explain exactly what this is?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2004, 03:06 PM   #2
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: What\'s this celebrity stuff in 2k5?

They're not real celebrities, they're more like C list people.

They played the game, or so Sega says, and their profile saves their playing style. So you'll get a call in your crib from a celeb every now and then who will challenge you. You'll then play against their created team who plays with that celebs style of play.

I forget who all the Celebs are, I believe Steve-O is one, and David Archett (I'm sure I didn't spell it right) is another.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Allright thanks
Old 05-28-2004, 03:41 PM   #4
Rookie

C list celebrities are mroe interesting than real celebrities,with only a very few exceptions.

I know SteveO(and probably the others) did mocap sessions and commentary. I'm actually looking forward to see what Steve O's surprise will be if you beat his team.

A snippet from the IGN interview:

Steve-O started right in: "I picked my players according to who has the most colorful criminal records in the league. My team plays dirty. I needed guys who could put in work."

"The name of my team is The Banana Tuggers," he continued. "If that doesn't tell you what kind of commentary I'm going to deliver, I don't know what will."

"But do you have any skills?" I asked.

"I am the most dominant force in ESPN NFL 2005. But if you're able to beat me, if you're somehow by dumb luck able to beat the Banana Tuggers, I guarantee you a special surprise at the end. It's the dirtiest thing I could get in the game. But you have to beat me to see it."

"I'm more than just some celebrity in the game," Steve-O said. "I was able to wear the motion-capture suit covered in balls, so I'm an actual digitized player in the game. I annihilated one of the marketing guys. I'll show you a crushing tackle and the goofiest endzone celebration ever performed."
Old 05-28-2004, 05:10 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

hehehe.. sounds funny.

Now imagine how could would be if coaches like Dan Reeves, Marv Levy and Mike Ditka would call you to play their teams... or Players like Marshall Faulk, Barry Sanders, Warren Moon and Joe Montana would call you... ppl that know the sport (Cmon i would love to receive a call from carmen electra, but not to play football).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2004, 06:05 PM   #6
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13

Zillion's post gives me an idea. When will we see the occasional dirty player in sim video games? I doubt the NFL wound allow it but I can dream.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:40 PM   #7
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

MercilessMagal said:
hehehe.. sounds funny.

Now imagine how could would be if coaches like Dan Reeves, Marv Levy and Mike Ditka would call you to play their teams... or Players like Marshall Faulk, Barry Sanders, Warren Moon and Joe Montana would call you... ppl that know the sport (Cmon i would love to receive a call from carmen electra, but not to play football).

the only legit argument against this is that having coaches and/or players would be better. i wouldn't even call it fluff b/c you get VIP profiles to play against so it's actually pretty cool. it'd be cooler if it stayed football related IMO but some casual gamers don't know who these players and coaches are.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:58 PM   #8
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

MercilessMagal said:
hehehe.. sounds funny.

That would be great but I'm happy with what they are putting in now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »