Home

SHOULD SEGA GET RID OF CRIB MODE, EXTRAS???

This is a discussion on SHOULD SEGA GET RID OF CRIB MODE, EXTRAS??? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2004, 08:31 AM   #25
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: SHOULD SEGA GET RID OF CRIB MODE, EXTRAS???

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
they can barely afford to put the game out

why would they have a dev team working on air hockey tables

How can they barely afford to get the game out? Where did you hear that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2004, 10:15 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 6

jordan swears he knows everything about Visual Concepts and ESPN..

anyway.. of course they should NOT get rid of the extras.. that would just be stupid, the extras bring alot more people in and keep people playing alot longer. the extras isnt what is holding the gameplay back.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:16 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 9

Hey Dawg! (Original Post)

Since you phrased the poll in the manner that you did, I voted for Crib. Now, the problem with this poll is that it is not an either/or situation. The Crib and all of its features have nothing to do with whether or not uniforms get progressively dirty. I agree that I would like to see progressively dirty uniforms and it should be in for 2k5. I also like the Crib, but even that was majorly flawed. For one, this crap about having to do things that are not even related to your Franchise, just to unlock certain items was asinine. The default settings for the Super Bowl just to get your Vince Lombardi Trophy REALLY bugged the hell out of me. If I win the Super Bowl playing a true-to-life 15 minute quarters, then I damn well should get my trophy.

The Crib was a great start, but after unlocking about all you can because you don't want to jump through all the hoops to get items, it quit being fun. If 2k5 attaches all of the unlockable items to achievements in the game, THEN you are talking an entertaining gimmick. Not only that, all accomplishments should be attached to the difficulty setting you are playing. If you are on Rookie, you must gain 350 yards on the ground to unlock the pool table. If you are on Pro, it is 300 yards. All-Pro, 275. Legend, 250. See? This way you can't 'cheat', and just play Rookie for a week to unlock all the good stuff. You actually have to EARN it with outstanding play.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:36 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

nflnutt said:
This thread is a waste progressively dirty uniforms are no match for the crib anyway i remember when the 2k series didnt have nothing but the gameplay and everyone was complaining that madden had madden cards and extras. please stop crying vc is doing a very good job and cribs is an extra something that the casual gamer likes. Im actually a hardcore gamer and i still like cribs it gives me somthing to do besides blow the cpu out every game so let it stay!

Exactly. I loved 2k3 but outside of playing the game, there wasn't anything to do. And as soon as sega adds something that adds a lot of replay value to the game, people complain that they are somehow spending all their time on adding extras and are choosing to do that instead of adding to the game.

I cringe everytime I hear someone say "replay value" in terms of a sports videogame in an age of online gameplay. You SHOULD get tired of beating up on the poor little CPU, that's why there is this called online play. Even if you only have ONE person on your friend's list, you and that person will never play the exact same game. Sounds like unlimited replayability to me.

As for the Cribs debate, if it doesn't detract from realistic gameplay, graphics, etc. it doesn't bother me. I don't bother with it but I guess it appeals to some folks.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:33 PM   #29
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

njskillz said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

nflnutt said:
This thread is a waste progressively dirty uniforms are no match for the crib anyway i remember when the 2k series didnt have nothing but the gameplay and everyone was complaining that madden had madden cards and extras. please stop crying vc is doing a very good job and cribs is an extra something that the casual gamer likes. Im actually a hardcore gamer and i still like cribs it gives me somthing to do besides blow the cpu out every game so let it stay!

Exactly. I loved 2k3 but outside of playing the game, there wasn't anything to do. And as soon as sega adds something that adds a lot of replay value to the game, people complain that they are somehow spending all their time on adding extras and are choosing to do that instead of adding to the game.

I cringe everytime I hear someone say "replay value" in terms of a sports videogame in an age of online gameplay. You SHOULD get tired of beating up on the poor little CPU, that's why there is this called online play. Even if you only have ONE person on your friend's list, you and that person will never play the exact same game. Sounds like unlimited replayability to me.

As for the Cribs debate, if it doesn't detract from realistic gameplay, graphics, etc. it doesn't bother me. I don't bother with it but I guess it appeals to some folks.

Not everyone has online capabilities though...(Broadband esp)
Old 06-03-2004, 12:47 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:

njskillz said: You SHOULD get tired of beating up on the poor little CPU, that's why there is this called online play. Even if you only have ONE person on your friend's list, you and that person will never play the exact same game. Sounds like unlimited replayability to me.

Hey skillz!

Play an entire season in Franchise Mode, no custom sliders, Legend difficulty level, 5-minute quarter regular season games, 10-minute quarter Playoff Games, and 15-minute quarter Super Bowl and win the NFL Championship. THEN, talk to me about 'same game twice' and 'poor little CPU'.

A human opponent will quit the game. The CPU is relentless and NEVER quits.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:52 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:

Skyboxer said: Not everyone has online capabilities though...(Broadband esp)

Not to mention that you cannot play Same Team Online Franchise Mode. It's just you against the world. Doesn't sound like a team sport to me.

I am happy that gamers out there like online play. I just don't think it should ever be viewed as the primary reason to purchase an NFL title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2004, 01:23 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
I am happy that gamers out there like online play. I just don't think it should ever be viewed as the primary reason to purchase an NFL title.

I totally agree with this. Although a game with online capabilities would get some bonus points from me, with the amount of cheesy play that goes on the game better have a decent franchise mode or it is going to get traded in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »