Home

Somethings that are important for VC to improve on....

This is a discussion on Somethings that are important for VC to improve on.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2004, 04:36 AM   #1
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
Somethings that are important for VC to improve on....

Playing 2k4 I started to wonder other than the Franchise stuff and the post and pregame stuff what more can 2k5 do to make a near perfect game that was missing from 2k4.

1. Fatigue system/ slash sub system. I heard that they fixed this but I hope they model it more like Madden's system. The fatigue system is not totally bad but they need to reflect subs and fatigue in certain positions more accurately. I like how WRs might be interchanged every now then which is cool but players need to sub in for longer periods of time with out having to sub so early as a result of the sub settings.

2. Roster Management. VC listened alot last year and gave way more freedom when it comes to editing players. now they need to allow for more player movement especially on defense. Such as DE and DT interchanging. Some LBs at DE. LBs being able to play any position ILB or OLB. DBs being able to play any spot from Saftey to Corner. This limits alot of stuff on ESPN 2k4 its hard to update rosters manually with out heavy duty changes. It would not be so bad if they supplied roster updates weekly but it sometimes takes months before a roster update comes out.

3. Better AI playcalling. I have actually been picking FG plays for the CPU and switching back to my team in situations where a 49 plus FG would be attempted. It sucks in a way when I have given up bad feild position and I am playing hard to just give up the FG and then the CPU punts which is not bad in a way score wise but realism wise it sucks.

If these things have been addressed this game could go down as one of the best games ever if not the BEST ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2004, 09:28 AM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Somethings that are important for VC to improve on....

Quote:

bigtiggalsu said:

2. Roster Management. VC listened alot last year and gave way more freedom when it comes to editing players. now they need to allow for more player movement especially on defense. Such as DE and DT interchanging. Some LBs at DE. LBs being able to play any position ILB or OLB. DBs being able to play any spot from Saftey to Corner. This limits alot of stuff on ESPN 2k4 its hard to update rosters manually with out heavy duty changes. It would not be so bad if they supplied roster updates weekly but it sometimes takes months before a roster update comes out.

Another thing with regards to roster management: there needs to be a spot on the depth chart for kick and punt returners. While I know how to change them through the formation substitutions, giving these positions spots on the depth chart would make things much easier.

bigtiggalsu, VC did something similar to what you suggest with NFL 2K2, where all the offensive linemen, defensive linemen, linebackers, running backs, and defensive backs were grouped together in their own groups rather than making spots differentiating between free safety and strong safety, or left tackle and right guard for example. This made it real easy (at least for me) to try out different players at different spots on the field. I personally liked this and, while I think that it would probably return in a form where you would have to switch players' specific positions, I would like to see it return.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:55 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I thought I read in one of the previews that Sega added more specific depth charts this year. Someone made mention that the charts now included punt and kick returners along with right and left designations for the offensive line and defensive ends. I know this doesn't solve the problem of easily moving the player into different positions within their select unit, but it sounds like a start. I would really like to see something added similar to Sega's MLB title where a player's position can be changed, but they have to gain experience at it to be effective.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:37 PM   #4
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

I agree with you about the switching the position aspect. That way if they want to keep the same setup all they need to do is allow for position changes when editing and it'll make life much easier.
Old 05-29-2004, 02:21 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

One other area I really hoped they fixed is the FG kicking. The computer controlled team needs to miss sometimes and these misses should be more frequent in bad weather. It's a real easy fix, but will they do it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2004, 03:00 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I agree with all of a those. ESPN was a real good game, just some stuff held it back from being excellent. It def gave NCAA a run for the money when it came to best football game. At least thats how I feel. With all the new improvements this yr, they will be new things we dont like.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:03 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

I agree with the needed improvements as well but they also need to sub the "rooks" or second/third string in for the pre-season games too.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:42 AM   #8
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

Quote:

Rback21 said:
I agree with the needed improvements as well but they also need to sub the "rooks" or second/third string in for the pre-season games too.

Yeah I forgot about that too. It makes preseason games useless. sub system lacks already and preseason subs totally didn't exist. The scrubs didn't any PT

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »