Home

Espn is more like Nfl fever then you think

This is a discussion on Espn is more like Nfl fever then you think within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2004, 01:42 PM   #9
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Espn is more like Nfl fever then you think

Quote:

sweets said:
espn is its own game, but he is right the game is using some of fevers cutting animations give fever some props it wasnt the greatest game but it had some good qualitys, even the videos ive seen of madden 2005 they are using that system as well

Thank you
i'm not bashing espn becuase i my self can't wait for it, it's just that you guys are so pumped about the new stiff like the spinning and planting movements, i'm just trying to say that this has been done before probably not greatly but it has been done. And since mircosoft studios is taking a extra time to make fever you better brace yourself becuase when it comes out it will pose as a great threat to madden and espn
Old 05-29-2004, 02:41 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

marshallfever said:
Quote:

sweets said:
espn is its own game, but he is right the game is using some of fevers cutting animations give fever some props it wasnt the greatest game but it had some good qualitys, even the videos ive seen of madden 2005 they are using that system as well

Thank you
i'm not bashing espn becuase i my self can't wait for it, it's just that you guys are so pumped about the new stiff like the spinning and planting movements, i'm just trying to say that this has been done before probably not greatly but it has been done. And since mircosoft studios is taking a extra time to make fever you better brace yourself becuase when it comes out it will pose as a great threat to madden and espn

Maybe, but maybe not. VC and EA already have their next gen stuff on the board as well and taking this year off could actually HURT MS more than it helps, we'll just have to wait and see. And ultimately, it won't be a great threat to EA or Sega unless Xbox 2 sells more or matches PS3 in sales. So sales wise it MAY not be a threat. On the development side, like I said above, EA and VC already have concept art and ideas on the table. So they are not going into next gen blindly as if MS will catch them off guard.

On another note, when the press release was issued ESPN NFL 2005 was said to be a hybrid, so the cutting animation from FEVER is not a surprise. But they didn't copy FEVER's spin, juke, stiff arm ect.
Old 05-29-2004, 02:42 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

Nfl Fever does have some nice animations, but the problem with the game is actual gameplay.

Fever will not have a 2005 version, & mediocre sales & lack of polish contribute to that.

There's a reason Nfl2k has stayed afloat all of these years, V.C. developers will ALWAYS have a job in the video game indusrty, can't say he same for Microsoft Sports studio division

, peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2004, 02:52 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

LBzrule said:
Quote:

marshallfever said:
Quote:

sweets said:

Thank you

Maybe, but maybe not. VC and EA already have their next gen stuff on the board as well and taking this year off could actually HURT MS more than it helps, we'll just have to wait and see. And ultimately, it won't be a great threat to EA or Sega unless Xbox 2 sells more or matches PS3 in sales. So sales wise it MAY not be a threat. On the development side, like I said above, EA and VC already have concept art and ideas on the table. So they are not going into next gen blindly as if MS will catch them off guard.

On another note, when the press release was issued ESPN NFL 2005 was said to be a hybrid, so the cutting animation from FEVER is not a surprise. But they didn't copy FEVER's spin, juke, stiff arm ect.

One more thing. The people that are working on FEVER for Xbox 2 are not the same people who did 2002-2004. So this is with a new development team, entering the football market. The pressure will really be on them. If the phrase, "put up or shut up" has any significance it will be with them. When they enter the market again, they have little room for mistake, it will be boom or bust
Old 05-29-2004, 02:54 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

A lot of games borrow from each other. If not the games would be pretty stale, its just up to the company to make their effort better.
Old 05-29-2004, 02:56 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
A lot of games borrow from each other. If not the games would be pretty stale, its just up to the company to make their effort better.

Yep
Old 05-29-2004, 03:02 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

LBzrule said:
Quote:

DookieMowf said:

Yep

I actually think that both games (ESPN and Madden) could take quite a few features from fever (and both are). Enhancements such as end of game video highlights and in season player progression were already in this years Fever title, and are being billed as great new enhancements in ESPN 2005. While many didn't like the gameplay of Fever, apparently they were ahead of their time in providing extra features that people wanted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2004, 03:11 PM   #16
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

LBzrule said:
Quote:

LBzrule said:
Quote:

marshallfever said:
Quote:

sweets said:

Thank you

One more thing. The people that are working on FEVER for Xbox 2 are not the same people who did 2002-2004. So this is with a new development team, entering the football market. The pressure will really be on them. If the phrase, "put up or shut up" has any significance it will be with them. When they enter the market again, they have little room for mistake, it will be boom or bust

Jeepers i had no clue it was a new development team. I guest ur right "put up or shut up" really does apply. I'm wondering though well fever be olny xbox 2 or also on xbox. Now back to espn i really can't wait for it, the animations the new ingame replays and etc the game is gona be great. I was just making that comparsion cause i just went back to playing fever after 2k4 and i realized this and was like wow fever wasn't all that bad

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »