Home

WILL IT LAST?

This is a discussion on WILL IT LAST? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2004, 02:47 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: WILL IT LAST?

i dont think sony or ms will buy because they have there own brand and that would mean one less sports game for there consoles. they said something like when ms canceled there sports line up for 2005.
Old 05-29-2004, 02:55 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

kondo said:
i dont think sony or ms will buy because they have there own brand and that would mean one less sports game for there consoles. they said something like when ms canceled there sports line up for 2005.

I think they would actually. Both Sony and MS have SMALL development teams compared to both EA and VC and VC isn't near as big as EA's but alot more minds than MS and 989.
Old 05-29-2004, 02:57 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Hopefully it will last. I dont want to be stuck with just Madden as my only NFL option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2004, 04:16 PM   #12
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

I'm sorry but if I was stuck with madden..i wouldn't play football...Madden isn't bad but for my taste it just plain pisses me off.... I couldn't take it....I really irritates me that so many people just do not see what @k series has done....Or they refuse to admit that it's great...People at this point are just so stuck up maddens as2 that their minds are clogged...The more i go on there boards the more I see it....If your a fan of Espn Stand your ground and DOn't buy Madden...Truthfully that's why I see so many Madden games being returned every year...People buy it just cause it's madden but if your a fan of Espn you want realism this will not work
Old 05-29-2004, 04:47 PM   #13
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

TIm said:
I'm sorry but if I was stuck with madden..i wouldn't play football...Madden isn't bad but for my taste it just plain pisses me off.... I couldn't take it....I really irritates me that so many people just do not see what @k series has done....Or they refuse to admit that it's great...People at this point are just so stuck up maddens as2 that their minds are clogged...The more i go on there boards the more I see it....If your a fan of Espn Stand your ground and DOn't buy Madden...Truthfully that's why I see so many Madden games being returned every year...People buy it just cause it's madden but if your a fan of Espn you want realism this will not work

Anyways .... will the brand live on? Hard to say - they are on a thin edge now, and the sales need to pick up.

However, the engine and the brains at VC will continue. I think everyone in the industry knows that they have made amazing games for years now. Someone will always want to challenge EA, and they'll probably use VC to do it.
Old 05-29-2004, 04:52 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

People buy it just cause it's madden but if your a fan of Espn you want realism this will not work

Yeah I buy Madden just because of the name. You are correct, I love to "waste" $50 a yr on a game because it has the name Madden on the cover. IM a fan of both Madden and ESPN, sorry to burst your bubble, but both do things better then each other and both are good solid games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »