Home

2K4 Question Re: Edge Rushers

This is a discussion on 2K4 Question Re: Edge Rushers within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2004, 11:11 AM   #1
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
2K4 Question Re: Edge Rushers

Okay, so I picked up an XBox and ESPN 2K4. Both my brother and I seem to be having a problem getting sacks, specifically with players on my defensive line. I play on a custom difficulty between pro and all-pro (as I adjust to the XBox controller), eight minute quarters, franchise mode. I play as the Dallas Cowboys (first season default roster) and my bro plays as the Green Bay Packers (add Jevon Kearse and William Joseph, subtract Joe Johnson). Any suggestions as to what either of us can do either strategy-wise or personnel-wise to get to (and bring down) the QB more often?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2004, 11:25 AM   #2
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: 2K4 Question Re: Edge Rushers

Use the line moves. You press the right or left triggers for the swim move, white button to spin, and black button to rip.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:38 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

Krioniq said:
Okay, so I picked up an XBox and ESPN 2K4. Both my brother and I seem to be having a problem getting sacks, specifically with players on my defensive line. I play on a custom difficulty between pro and all-pro (as I adjust to the XBox controller), eight minute quarters, franchise mode. I play as the Dallas Cowboys (first season default roster) and my bro plays as the Green Bay Packers (add Jevon Kearse and William Joseph, subtract Joe Johnson). Any suggestions as to what either of us can do either strategy-wise or personnel-wise to get to (and bring down) the QB more often?

that's the ultimate realism, you trying to get a sack with ebenezer ekuban. I have more success with la'roi glover.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:52 AM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Quote:

Krioniq said:

that's the ultimate realism, you trying to get a sack with ebenezer ekuban. I have more success with la'roi glover.

Actually, I started mixing up my playcalling, playing more aggressive defense, and used the line moves (as jmood suggested, thanks!) and through eight weeks (with some simulated games) my leader in sacks is Greg Ellis with 6. Glover only has 1 (fewer than Willie Blade) , but it's 1 more than Ekuban.

Kinda off-topic, but on the bright side, right now Troy Hambrick leads the league in rushing (1st sign of the apocalypse) and Quincy Carter is the leader in Pro Bowl votes for the NFC squad (2nd sign of the apocalypse).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »