Home

Has there ever been a video game that had........

This is a discussion on Has there ever been a video game that had........ within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2004, 01:11 PM   #9
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Has there ever been a video game that had........

Quote:

LBzrule said:
The problem with things like this is that people will get mad if they happen. I mean think if you are in a league game down by 1, you get in FG position. And the snap is bad not because of something you did (this is KEY) and you lose the game all off something that isn't your fault. It's a tough call and those features are cool, but I dunno.

espn baseball is a perfect example. pitchers are not accurate and you can aim for the strike zone and miss. that is real life baseball but several professional reviewers called it shoddy or loose controls rather than real life baseball.

people clamor for realism but want arcade. winning eleven vs. fifa series proves that every year.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:59 PM   #10
Pro

Greenevol's Arena

OVR: 7

I dont think i'd be mad at that.

Its football, there are no guarantees.

Sometimes, stuff happens. If my holder botches a FG, i'd deal with it, and go looking for another holder.

Bad snaps belong in football games. Might as well take out fumbles or dropped passes.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:19 PM   #11
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

Greenevol said:
I dont think i'd be mad at that.

Its football, there are no guarantees.

Sometimes, stuff happens. If my holder botches a FG, i'd deal with it, and go looking for another holder.

Bad snaps belong in football games. Might as well take out fumbles or dropped passes.

I agree. I think it should somehow be tied into ratings, but there also needs to be some controlled randomness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2004, 04:11 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:

DoubleDeuce said:
Perhaps there should be a "Circumstantial Variability" option. This could cover penalties as well as bad snaps. People who wanted to play with the normal uncertainties of a real football game could turn it on. When playing multiplayer, where you would like skill to more definitively control the outcome, you could turn this variability off. It would have the same effect as toggling errors in baseball games, which several games allow you to do.

Yup I like this idea. Just make it an "on/off" toggle that people can choose to select. Personally I would love to have botched snaps. It would certainly make the kicking game a nail biter. Something that doesn't exist, everything's pretty much automatic. No fun in that.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:33 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

There is no way I would want to play my heart out in a league game to then have the computer botch a 25 yard kick.This would create some angry gamers.I want to know that I beat you not the computer.If you want leave it on franchise.Human to human no way.I think the guys that play in leagues know what I mean.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:54 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:

jiujitsu35 said:
There is no way I would want to play my heart out in a league game to then have the computer botch a 25 yard kick.This would create some angry gamers.I want to know that I beat you not the computer.If you want leave it on franchise.Human to human no way.I think the guys that play in leagues know what I mean.

They can make it an "on/off" rule just like th way offsides is. They don't need to make it franchise only. Maybe some leagues might want that.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:19 PM   #15
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

jiujitsu35 said:

if everyone thought like you (and me) then 90% of the online gamers wouldn't be using the dolphins. when i play with the ravens i already know travis taylor isn't going to make catches that randy moss will and redman isn't going to make passes that favre will. these are the glamour positions but no reason a weaker snapper shouldn't screw up more than an all pro snapper. just like when i see CAR block fgs up the middle on TB in real life i should be able to see it in the game. that's about ratings right? why can't a snapper or holder's rating have an effect. i don't care how perfect you hit it, the SF kicker's not hitting a 47 yd fg... how is this different?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2004, 05:30 PM   #16
Pro

I was thinking that a way for them to implement it would be to make it a random occurrence. No ratings. Just make it random. I'm sure they could find out through STATS inc what the percentage of this happening is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »