Home

Will Anyone Here Buy a Hard Drive for Their PS2 Because of ESPN 2K5?

This is a discussion on Will Anyone Here Buy a Hard Drive for Their PS2 Because of ESPN 2K5? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2004, 12:19 PM   #9
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Will Anyone Here Buy a Hard Drive for Their PS2 Because of ESPN 2K5?

Are you 100% sure of this? How do you know we can put in our own custom soundtracks for Xbox for 2K5? I'll be honest, since I don't own one, I skip over the xbox exclusive news so maybe I missed it. But can you direct me to a link or article so I can read where you saw this?

Are you saying that, for example, after I score a touchdown with my team, the stadium will play a certain touchdown music tune of my choosing (a song I decide to import into the game)?

Or, are you just saying we can import music into the xbox for the menu's and such?

And lastly, do you know how to go about all this? Do you just, say, pop in a music cd into the Xbox and it copies the music from your cd onto the hard drive of the xbox and then you can use that music to your liking in games?

Thanks!
Old 06-05-2004, 12:36 PM   #10
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

PacMan3000 said:
Are you 100% sure of this? How do you know we can put in our own custom soundtracks for Xbox for 2K5? I'll be honest, since I don't own one, I skip over the xbox exclusive news so maybe I missed it. But can you direct me to a link or article so I can read where you saw this?

Are you saying that, for example, after I score a touchdown with my team, the stadium will play a certain touchdown music tune of my choosing (a song I decide to import into the game)?

Or, are you just saying we can import music into the xbox for the menu's and such?

And lastly, do you know how to go about all this? Do you just, say, pop in a music cd into the Xbox and it copies the music from your cd onto the hard drive of the xbox and then you can use that music to your liking in games?

Thanks!

You could rip songs to your menus for ESPN 2K4 so I'd imagine you could do it this year. I think the IGN article mentioned you could play your own custom soundtrack as stadium music but not sure though.

I think it would be much smarter to just buy the XBOX. Maybe sell some PS2 games you don't play. The XBOX version will still have the better graphics and XBOX Live. Plus if you're looking for other sports games to play, the XBOX is the better system to play it on.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:50 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

From the feature list:

Your Game, Your Music – Customize the sounds of the game by using your own ripped music to add some true stadium atmosphere.

With the xbox, you can copy music directly off a cd to the hard drive and set up play list. I assume the game will allow you to associate songs with times in the game where you would normally hear music. (i.e. after a touchdown etc..).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2004, 04:15 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

Anybody know what kind of price EB would give you if you were to trade in a working PS2 for a new Xbox?
Old 06-05-2004, 07:40 PM   #13
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I will sacrifice getting highlights etc etc since the next gen consoles will be out soon. Besides I'm spending way too much money this summer and the HDD will only be used for one game so it's a waste of money.
Old 06-05-2004, 08:50 PM   #14
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

When are the Next Gen systems supposed to come out?

And on ebay, Xbox's are at a good bargain.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:21 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 6

You know you don't have to get an official Sony HDD. It's well documented that Maxtor drives fit in perfectly. You just need a Network Adapter to 'connect' the HDD to the PS2. But as for formatting the HDD, you're on our own. I myself am ordering my HDD from www.compuplus.com. You can get a 40GB for under $50.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2004, 04:47 PM   #16
All Star

OVR: 17

Quote:

SportsmanTO said:
I will sacrifice getting highlights etc etc since the next gen consoles will be out soon. Besides I'm spending way too much money this summer and the HDD will only be used for one game so it's a waste of money.

well said, im not blowing an extra 100 bucks to see some highlights unless this is by far the greatest gaming experience ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »