Home

PopCultureShock E3 videos....

This is a discussion on PopCultureShock E3 videos.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2004, 11:16 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: PopCultureShock E3 videos....

Actually let me say something else really quick. Some people call their defense Flex Defense which is what my initial assertion implied. But also, the way some coaches use the flex it's not really it's own individual defense. It's more of an adjustment that can be employed in any defense (4-3. 3-4, 46 ect). Basically the lineman that is going to flex, will begin aligned at his normal position. When the flex call is made the DE moves from his normal alignment to somewhere else.

I'd like to think of it more as an adjustment that can be used in any defense. I haven't seen much flexing of DT's in the NFL like they did at Arizona in the early 90's though. In the NFL it's more of flexing the DE, it's very confusing for the oline, especially when Linebackers are involve in the stunts or when the flexed lineman drops into coverage.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:56 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sorry, they had 8 pro bowlers last year. On paper Miami was one of the best teams last year, they just couldn't get it done. They have the talent, but they don't have a coach.

How can you say there is a big disadvantage at RB, and FB. Rickey in 2002- 2003 season led he league in rushing w/o Oline. This year defences stacked the box and made QB beat them. I am not saying J. Lewis is not good, but it is not a big disadvantage. Also I would take Randy McMicheal over Todd Heap at TE. Stat wise Baltimore uses the TE more doesn't mean he is better. Now on to the secondary, the Dolphins have the better secondary just because of PS and SM (even though he had a disappointing year). I think for the 2002-2003 season, which the ratings came from, the Dolphins are better.

Also last year when they played head to head Miami won 9-6.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:52 PM   #51
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I don't want to turn this into a thread that belongs in the pro football forum but you're being a bit homeris aren't you? With the WRs Miami has/had they'd love to use McMichael like Heap is used but he's not as good. Not to mention Heap was used less last year but still is obviously better. I promise you won't find anyone outside of a phins wagon rider that wouldn't rather have Heap. And you bring up the head to head game IN Miami that was won in OT mostly b/c of a FUMBLE that stopped a Ravens drive AND put Miami in FG range? Come on... anyway back to the video game.

I don't care what Ricky did in 02-03. The bottom line is video game ratings are based on mostly the skills gathered by combine numbers and such and their success the PREVIOUS season. Last year Ricky didn't do jack and despite Miami beating the Ravens head to head I believe they were watching the division winning Ravens play in the playoffs from their couches. Jamal had 2000+ yards, he should be rated MUCH better than Ricky. The Ravens O line should be rated much higher. You can talk about the Dolphins D but even judging from last year and who will be returning to the team this year there's no question that at least the Ravens LBs and secondary should be rated higher. It'll be a surprise if any or all of this becomes true for obvious reasons already mentioned, but there's no real logical argument against it. Like I said, the only logical argument can be made for the QB (I agree with you LBz but Feidler should be rated higher than Boller and Feely around Stewart/Wright), WRs and D line (this is a tough one to call but I'd still go with the phins). Everything else isn't really even a question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2004, 03:54 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

dolphin_34 said:
Sorry, they had 8 pro bowlers last year. On paper Miami was one of the best teams last year, they just couldn't get it done. They have the talent, but they don't have a coach.

How can you say there is a big disadvantage at RB, and FB. Rickey in 2002- 2003 season led he league in rushing w/o Oline. This year defences stacked the box and made QB beat them. I am not saying J. Lewis is not good, but it is not a big disadvantage. Also I would take Randy McMicheal over Todd Heap at TE. Stat wise Baltimore uses the TE more doesn't mean he is better. Now on to the secondary, the Dolphins have the better secondary just because of PS and SM (even though he had a disappointing year). I think for the 2002-2003 season, which the ratings came from, the Dolphins are better.

Also last year when they played head to head Miami won 9-6.

Nahhh I'd say the Secondary's are about the same. McAlister is very close to Surtan, but Sam Madison has been the MOST overrated CB in football for the last 2 seasons. Ed Reed is better than any Safety the Dolphins have. And Brock Marion was soo unfair in 2k4. Nobody could catch a pass vs him. Everyone just drops the ball. It's not like he's a hard hitter. If it was Roy Williams, Dawkins, Harrison or someone like that I could understand. Marion is by far the Best safety in 2k4 which is complete BS. And don't even get me started on Knight. But Marion is gone. Ed Reed, Gary Baxter, Chris McAlister, Will Demps vs Pat Surtan, Sam Madison, Sam Knight and who Freeman. I'd say the Ravens have the advantage if only slight. But that's only if they rate Baxter adequately. He should be mid to low 80's. Watch they'll jip him like this past year. 66 man give me a break. He was one of the most horribly rated players in the game. At least madden had him mid 70's on stock rosters.

As far as offensive backfield the Ravens DO have the Advantage because Ricard is better than any FB the Dolphins have. Dyer nor Konrad are close to Ricard (who was a Pro Bowl alternate). Ravens have Jamal (high 90's better be), Chester Taylor (high 70's better be), who had a nice season last year as the 3rd down and spread set RB and Musa Smith (low 70's). But alas the Dolphins will have the better backfield in the game
Old 06-09-2004, 04:45 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1

If they use last years stats to decide player ratings, then I agree that the Dolphins and Ravens s/b the same. The Ravens had more players in the pro bowl and put up better stats in some areas, maybe they should be rated a little higher.

As for everyone using the Dolphins online, it was just like in Madden when everyone wanted to be the Rams.

On a side note.... I went to highschool w/ Ray Lewis at Kathleen
Old 06-09-2004, 05:16 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

dolphin_34 said:
If they use last years stats to decide player ratings, then I agree that the Dolphins and Ravens s/b the same. The Ravens had more players in the pro bowl and put up better stats in some areas, maybe they should be rated a little higher.

As for everyone using the Dolphins online, it was just like in Madden when everyone wanted to be the Rams.

On a side note.... I went to highschool w/ Ray Lewis at Kathleen

Yeah people used Raiders, Rams and Falcons on madden. Those teams have 1 thing in common on EA's game, namely Pass Offense. Wwharton I agree with everything you said, but unfortunately I'm gonna have to take the Sail off the boat. Not only are last year's stats factored in, there is also a degree of Subjectivity, namely future/current year expectations, that's another reason why the Dolphins, Raiders, 49ers, Rams are so high in VC's game. Bucs won the Superbowl before 2k4 came out and they were NOWHERE close to being the best team in the game. You can actually complete a pass vs the Bucs. Against the Phins FORGET it. You will first be lucky to complete a pass and second you will be lucky NOT to throw at least 1 INT. No other team in the game has their guys jumping and making plays on the ball like the Dolphins. Most other teams guys just look at the ball go right into the WR's hand. But not these guys, they either get the INT or knock it down. Don't you dare try to test Madison or Surtan. You are wasting your time If I got Moss, Harrison or Owens I should be able too, but nope, they will drop it. If you throw to one of those big name guys 10 times, they will probably catch 3 against the Phins whereas against most other teams they catch about 6 to 8. Champ Bailey gets OWNED on here. McAlister gets OWNED. Ty Law is good though.

Awesome you went to school with Ray. IT's always funny too man especially when you look back and see how SMALL these guys were and how big they are now. Derrick Brooks used to be Skinny man, but now he's swoll.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »