Home

Tonight on IGN Xbox ( No 720p this year)

This is a discussion on Tonight on IGN Xbox ( No 720p this year) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 06-09-2004, 12:14 PM   #97
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Tonight on IGN Xbox ( No 720p this year)

Quote:

Bondra12 said:
Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Quote:

Now my only real gameplay concern. WILL THE CPU THROW DEEP?

The million-dollar question!

If we can adjust the CPU V.I.P. then we should be able to add that tendency if it doesn't exist.

...which would own so much it's not even funny!
Old 06-09-2004, 12:19 PM   #98
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Quote:

Now my only real gameplay concern. WILL THE CPU THROW DEEP?

The million-dollar question!

If you took the time and realized the CPU isn't gonna throw a bomb if you have it covered. So you want VC to make the CPU force a pass somewhere even though it is covered. Wow I've heard it all.

if you took the time to realize that there should way for them to code in the tendancy for the AI to throw deep a couple times a game....
Old 06-09-2004, 12:40 PM   #99
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

Jistic said:
The game looks beautiful. It does look packed to the hilt with features. At this stage I give VC credit for trying to innovate. THe one negative I STILL see is that RB's are gonna break too many tackles again. That video of the RB from the Texans (Davis?) just throws 4 defenders aside worrys me. The good news? Last year I was able to fix this by using the 'Perfect Zero' sliders that someone posted here and that problem was SOLVED.

The game could be playing on rookie.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:52 PM   #100
MVP

OVR: 10

I see you missed my point. If it isn't there why make the CPU throw a bomb? Maybe a handful of coaches or less actually throw bombs out of the blue to test a defense. I'm sure the V.I.P. of all the coaches in ESPN 2005 will help have the teams where the coaches do like to test the secondaries of teams throw more bombs.

I still don't see why VC needs to force the CPU teams to do something like that. The CPU's first objective is to get a firstdown and if a TD is a result of a play then its all gravy.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:05 PM   #101
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

still don't see why VC needs to force the CPU teams to do something like that. The CPU's first objective is to get a firstdown and if a TD is a result of a play then its all gravy.

Because it doens't happen enough. I play a lot of zone coverage rarely will the ai complete a pass of 25 yards or more. There is a lack of big plays with the passing game. There were too many 70 and 80 yard td runs in the game last year. I hope that is fixed. With zone coverage, there's a lot of opportunity for big pass plays from the ai. It seems to rarely take advantage of the opportunities. The passing game is not perfect, stop acting like it doesn't need improvement in that area.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2004, 01:10 PM   #102
Banned

OVR: 6

Nice graphics but they still have that same awkward running...Im not and never will feel the game just because of graphics....ESPN is doing a hell of a job with the presentation but that only goes so far..I watched all the movies from gamespot and IGN and they still show the stick up the azz running...That turns me off.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:14 PM   #103
All Star

OVR: 14

Lots of teams take a handful of chances down the field throughout the game. Examples--running teams via the playaction, getting the ball back after a turnover, and on a 2nd and short.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:20 PM   #104
Cult of Personality

OVR: 30

Can someone give me a link to these other videos on IGN? For some reason I can only find three(LT's TD, Weekly Prep, and VIP). I wanna see the Davis one people are talking about.

From what I read in the article and saw in the screens/videos, Sega's game SHOULD be amazing. I'm trying not to get my hopes too high after MVP...but that's getting hard to do right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »