Home

Tonight on IGN Xbox ( No 720p this year)

This is a discussion on Tonight on IGN Xbox ( No 720p this year) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 06-09-2004, 01:23 PM   #105
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Tonight on IGN Xbox ( No 720p this year)

Quote:

Nice graphics but they still have that same awkward running...Im not and never will feel the game just because of graphics

And we all love ESPN more because of graphics huh?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2004, 01:25 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 3

does anybody know how the trades and free agents list work. i know madden i hate saying this but i know madden has restricted agents and franchise tags and they people may not sign just for money but how good your team is or the moral etc i hope espn has some of those features planned if so with what they have in game play and the new practice feauture it will be extremely intresting.

i dont need the hot dogs prices and all that stuff while we have the new practice feature. and if they have people who dont want to sign for some of those reasons and maybe draft day trades or trading through out the draft then i dont need anything else. if they have that i will buy 2 copies of the game this year to show my support and if they had it on gamecube i would buy 3 one for each system even though the xbox version would be the best.

maybe they should do a special edition like madden with the first 2 edition of the game unlockable so newbies can get a taste of what got us dreamcast owner hooked from get go
Old 06-09-2004, 01:25 PM   #107
MVP

OVR: 15

Great vids/pics,

But the broken takles are still there and on the J. Lewis touchdown run the defenses pursuit was not great either. I hope VC fixes these issues that still seem to exist in these vids. Everyone seems to still be able to run away from the defense once they get in the open field. The pursuit angles and the defenses speed prevents anyone from being chased down. This along with the broken takles has to be fixed before this game is realeased. Otherwise be prepared for 300-400 rushing yard games online once again.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:32 PM   #108
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

edubbs I just find it hard to believe, VC knowing that was a big problem last yr didnt fix it at all. Those movies could be on rookie mode, just to show off long runs etc.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:34 PM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 2

The videos are from rookie,things will be differnt on allpro and legend
Old 06-09-2004, 01:43 PM   #110
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Quote:

still don't see why VC needs to force the CPU teams to do something like that. The CPU's first objective is to get a firstdown and if a TD is a result of a play then its all gravy.

Because it doens't happen enough. I play a lot of zone coverage rarely will the ai complete a pass of 25 yards or more. There is a lack of big plays with the passing game. There were too many 70 and 80 yard td runs in the game last year. I hope that is fixed. With zone coverage, there's a lot of opportunity for big pass plays from the ai. It seems to rarely take advantage of the opportunities. The passing game is not perfect, stop acting like it doesn't need improvement in that area.

The problem arises for me when I have the CPU down and on the last play of the game 40 or 50 yards away, where a touchdown would win it they don't even ATTEMPT to throw it into the endzone, EVER.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:00 PM   #111
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Quote:

still don't see why VC needs to force the CPU teams to do something like that. The CPU's first objective is to get a firstdown and if a TD is a result of a play then its all gravy.

Because it doens't happen enough. I play a lot of zone coverage rarely will the ai complete a pass of 25 yards or more. There is a lack of big plays with the passing game. There were too many 70 and 80 yard td runs in the game last year. I hope that is fixed. With zone coverage, there's a lot of opportunity for big pass plays from the ai. It seems to rarely take advantage of the opportunities. The passing game is not perfect, stop acting like it doesn't need improvement in that area.

I think thats one of ESPN's strongest features. too many times on Madden it becomes either a big play shoot out in Madden as the deep ball is too effective. When the CPU scores in Madden its always a blown coverage deep never a drive. Its basically 3 and out all game or maybe 2 or 3 fisrst downs and then its deep ball time. In ESPN I finally felt challenged to stop the CPU on the RUN and the pass.

As far as the long runs I stopped that a long time ago when I adjusted the sliders and its been great for me ever since.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2004, 02:34 PM   #112
Banned

OVR: 18

to try to give reasoning to the long throws problem...isnt it quite obvious...madden has serious issues with the deep ball...why put your self in a position where your scores are hectic...

the thing that is crazy about 2k...is that each game is totally different...i love it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »