Home

Import College Rosters?

This is a discussion on Import College Rosters? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2004, 01:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Import College Rosters?

First off, I just want to say that I'm a die hard Madden fan, and never even thought to give this game a look. Then, when I came to the forums and saw 4 times as many people here than in the Madden forum, I thought I would check it out. And I must say that this game sounds amazing! Everything that I've read about this game sounds great so far. However, my question is, is ESPN making a college game this year? I looked, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I think one of the great things about Madden is being able to draft players from the NCAA game into the game. I'm a huge football fan, and if ESPN only has fictional college players, that would be a huge downer for the franchise mode in my opinion. So if anyone has any insight on this I would greatly appreciate it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2004, 01:22 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Import College Rosters?

Nope, not making a college game. You can edit rookies before they come in though.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:22 PM   #3
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

VC is not releasing a cfb title this year.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:22 PM   #4
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

No import college rosters because of no college game, HOWEVER, this is:

Quote:

Starting around Week 8 of your franchise, a special guest will visit the studio, draft expert Mel Kiper. Using 100's of portraits of NFL players and blending them together, ESPN 2005 will put faces to the names of fictitious rookies about to enter the draft, and Kiper is the man to help hype and sort out the ballers from the fallers. Every rookie will have his own face and name that Kiper recorded, so the virtual Kiper will break down the draft by position during The Franchise Show. He might start pumping up some running back named Bill Johnson from Ohio State or wideout Jon Hopkins from Stanford, and after you continue hearing how great these guys are for weeks, you start to get pumped up to add them to your team. Mel will even beak down what happens at the rookie combine and how each player performed, giving you, for the first time, a real reason to draft these made-up players, and turning the draft into more of the spectacle it is in real life.

Old 06-09-2004, 01:23 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Forgot about that flyboy, maybe you cant edit rookies now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2004, 01:24 PM   #6
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

What VC did this yr was add preloaded (if that's the correct term) Draft classes to the game...meaning theres already about 1,000 fictional players complete with stat sheets and background, etc. So although theres no imported draft classes...it seems everybody will have the same rookies in their franchise with alot of background information on each. Not to mention you'll Have Mel Kiper doing pre and post draft analysis

Now, these 1,000 fictional players could last anywhere from 4-5 seasons which is usually how long the avg Chiser usually sticks with a franchise. So again that's not bad.

The Only thing this feature can't really capture is the continuity that comes with importing real college players after having controlled them as well as watch them develop/compete for 3-4 yrs at the college level before they go pro. But it's impossible for VC to have that continuity without there being a Collegiate Counterpart for ESPNFL.

For now though, the 1000 preloaded rookies with stats sheets will definitely suffice until theres a ESPN College Football game made.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:26 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

The whole Mel Kiper deal sounds unbelievable, and if you are able to edit the draft classes before he starts talking about them in week 8, that would be fine with me. I enjoy doing things like that. However, if you aren't able to, I would have a hard time getting pumped up about ficticious college players...even with all of Mel Kiper's analysis on them.

Thanks for the info though!
Old 06-09-2004, 01:26 PM   #8
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Forgot about that flyboy

How could you forget about that?! That's one of features I'm most hyped for!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »