Home

Clipping issues?

This is a discussion on Clipping issues? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2004, 12:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Clipping issues?

Look at #42's facemask, I hope that is fixed. I'm not trying to bash the game because I love ESPN, just wantd to point it out. There is always going to be clipping issues for tackling but he's just standing there. I'm sure it will be fixed but I just wanted to see what you guys thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2004, 03:17 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Clipping issues?

slick,

Unfortunately, this is a programming issue that will not be fixed. Remember, you are not looking at a 3-D object standing there on the field. You are looking at a hollow shell, comprised of 2-D layers. When one layer runs into another layer, you get what is called 'pass-through'. This is what causes that weird, transparency effect with one object passing through the other. No biggie. You can barely notice it while you are playing anyway. The only time it annoys me is when the football comes into play. I wish there was currently a way to have the shell of the football react to EVERYTHING that touches it. I hate it when I am certain that I blocked a pass before my opponent caught it. I pause the game, replay the scene, and sure enough, the ball passed right through my hand like I was invisible. I also hate it when the ball reacts to things that it DOESN'T touch. Like when a field goal is no good because the ball hit an invisible wall before it actually reached the goal posts.

On another note, this screenshot tells me that we are going to get new Injury Cut Scenes! There are two crew members out there helping him now instead of just one. I hope we now have varying cut scenes for varying injuries.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:02 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

On another note, this screenshot tells me that we are going to get new Injury Cut Scenes! There are two crew members out there helping him now instead of just one. I hope we now have varying cut scenes for varying injuries.

Same here, would be nice to see a cart come out on big injuries, limping for minors, help from teamates etc. Good point man.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:04 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

That dude looks paralyzed.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:23 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

i think hes dead

they need to have actual injuries shown on the field..not just a guy blocking another guy and he just collapses for no reason....we need to actually see the leg break or when a back gets hit funny on the knees and his leg blows out we should see the hyper-extension...that be cool [censored]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2004, 06:25 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

What about cut sceens showing the injuries?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »