Home

Release date?

This is a discussion on Release date? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2004, 02:42 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Release date?

Quote:

Slickman said:
This is by far Madden's biggest threat this year and one of the most shocking things in gaming history.

I must agree with you slick. This is the first time ever in NFL video game history, where the NEW title is introduced at less than HALF the price of last year's title. That said, I am a little worried. Though I am happy to spend less and get more, I wonder if this could backfire for Sega. Meaning they must now sell over DOUBLE the quantity they did last year, in order to just MATCH last year's numbers. Sega is REALLY gambling with this one, betting on drawing the attention of NEW NFL2kers to their product.

I wish them luck. I would hate for this scheme to fail miserably and we are left without an NFL2k for next year…and possibly…forever.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:12 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Dark,you don't have to worry about selling double that should be easy.I remember last year at this time only the hardcore bought the game.Just yesterday there was a masses of people pre-ordering this game,just check teamxbox forum and OS . When the casual buyer finds out about this game watch out.Remember that EB games and gamestop stores still don't have the promos in the stores.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:23 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 2

If they don't triple their budgeted prebooks (unless this was the plan all along and they did budget for this), I'll be amazed. They just need to capitalize on this momentum by releasing earlier than Madden on top of this price drop.

BTW, I am not rooting for Madden to fail. I have great Madden memories, and was a loyal Madden guy from it's inception. I just think the franchise has gotten stale, and they need something like this to push them. ESPN was the best game IMO last year. It looks to have improved for this year. If Madden can create a better game I will play it, but the competition can only help all of us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2004, 05:45 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

ESPN im sure will release eariler then madden, but they probably dont want to announce it to soon so madden count counter.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:49 PM   #37
MVP

toychri's Arena

OVR: 8

July is too early, I need some time with NCAA2005.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:50 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

Speak for yourself. I have a feeling ESPN will be my favorite game this yr. NCAA barley won last yr, and this yr I just think ESPN will be tops for me.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:54 PM   #39
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
ESPN im sure will release eariler then madden, but they probably dont want to announce it to soon so madden count counter.

I don't think Madden can counter. That's what makes this late July date interesting. I don't think Madden can follow - they'd be cutting into their sales of NCAA by pushing them too close together.

If this date is true, it's some pretty good strategy on the part of TakeTwo/Sega.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:56 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

Fossen good point. I hope the July 28th(give or take date) is true. I will def be in sports gaming heaven. Just that much sooner I can whoop up on your Eagles and Mr Owens. with My Tim Rattay lead NINERS!

Just think ,we will have a great NFL game before a lot of teams even open training camp. WOW!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »