Home

is $20 in response to EA getting the NFL license

This is a discussion on is $20 in response to EA getting the NFL license within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2004, 12:21 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: is $20 in response to EA getting the NFL license

Quote:

Grondar said:
Quote:

Rocky said:
Quote:

cman321 said:
some rumors are stating that EA and Madden are going to get exclusive rights to NFL players and teams (i think for Madden 2006 not 2005). Perhaps Sega wants to saturate the market this year by giving away their game, b/c next year there is no way they can compete head to head without the NFL license. Thoughts?

Never thought about it like that. That would be interesting but god, I hope not....there's no way VC can survive if the NFLPA License isn't in the game even if it was free.

Not sure I agree with that...

There are plenty of guys that put out rosters better than the official ones that ship with the game.

It may take a little longer, but eventually, accurate rosters would be released, providing the means to edit was there.

The biggest negative in relation to rosters and the lack of real NFL players would show up in online play, as that generally uses the rosters that shipped with the game.

Outside of online play though, there are great roster guys that would have sweet rosters out within a week or so.

Take care.

Yeah I'm one of those guys.

My ESPN NFL 2K5 Action Replay roster save site
Old 06-10-2004, 12:21 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

not worried about ea wasting there money trying to get license because that is why we have action replay. ncca football doesnt have name never stop me from playing with all the real name and things wont if ea got a nfl license because i still would by sega and do the name my self
Old 06-10-2004, 04:18 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

coogrfan said:
Quote:

sportsgeist said:
VC knows as well as all the ESPN fans know already is if you can get the game in peoples hands they will love it. If you play long enough to get decent at ESPN there will be no turning back totally to just Madden or Fever or Gameday. Albeit Fever and Gameday are now out of the picture at least until XboxNXT and PS3.

Imo you are being a little optimistic here. There is no guarantee that your average Madden fan is going to enjoy playing a game that requires considerably more thought and football knowledge.

I have to agree with you 100%
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »