Home

Football Friday (6-11-04) A Day Early!!

This is a discussion on Football Friday (6-11-04) A Day Early!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2004, 10:11 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Football Friday (6-11-04) A Day Early!!

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Up next better roster management. For DBs and LBS and of course Defensive/Offensive Lineman

roster management has been fixed, it's now a la madden's with LCB and RCB etc.

If that is the case this is the best news I have heard about the game up to this point. I really like the roster management screens I have seen with the Chargers QB's....Pics of all 3 and their ratings...nice touch.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:16 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

ZXLT said:
Quote:

DueceDiggla said:
I still have a feeling that lesser players won't be able to take down a top notch RB the majority of the time. Hope I'm wrong.

I disagree, it should be like that. You're telling me that 3rd string DBs should be able to tackle Ricky Williams the majority of the time? No. That's what gang tackles are for.

I don't think any CB's should be taking down Ricky on the first hit (or at least very few), but if he breaks the tackle his fatigue should put him down much easier on the second or third hit. That was the issue last year, not the first broken tackle, which is fine, but the 3rd and 4th which happened far too often in the game. (And we aren't even talking about the pursuit angles which were another part of the problem).
Old 06-11-2004, 10:18 AM   #75
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

lordsin said:
Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Up next better roster management. For DBs and LBS and of course Defensive/Offensive Lineman

If that is the case this is the best news I have heard about the game up to this point. I really like the roster management screens I have seen with the Chargers QB's....Pics of all 3 and their ratings...nice touch.

yes this was told to us when interviewing anthony chau. You will have the different positions for linemen, the kicker, punter , and being able to move them around.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2004, 10:30 AM   #76
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Bacardi151 said:
Quote:

lordsin said:
Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:

yes this was told to us when interviewing anthony chau. You will have the different positions for linemen, the kicker, punter , and being able to move them around.

That's good. Is it like how it was in nfl2k and 2k1?
Old 06-11-2004, 10:30 AM   #77
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Quote:

kodiak said:
Steve actually let a vid that showed the Skins scoring against the Boys on here. The world must have stopped spinning for a brief moment.

It pained me to post that.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:43 AM   #78
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

Steve_OS said:
Quote:

kodiak said:
Steve actually let a vid that showed the Skins scoring against the Boys on here. The world must have stopped spinning for a brief moment.

It pained me to post that.

Especially we know that no way Portis just brushes off #31 that easily.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:57 AM   #79
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

ZXLT said:
Quote:

DueceDiggla said:
I still have a feeling that lesser players won't be able to take down a top notch RB the majority of the time. Hope I'm wrong.

I disagree, it should be like that. You're telling me that 3rd string DBs should be able to tackle Ricky Williams the majority of the time? No. That's what gang tackles are for.

The only people who had trouble with the tackling were people who weren't doing it right or didn't know how it worked. You can not stop Jerome Bettis or any power back for that matter with just a DB. If good runningbacks make it to the secondary they should run over your DBs. The key to stopping good runningbacks is to slow him down enough to get him down before they can get to your secondary. Your defense starts with your D-line. If your D-line isn't any good the good runningbacks are going to make it to your LBs. If your LBs have to take on blockers it increases their chances to get to your secondary. Once they make it there its pretty much over unless you slowed them down enough before hand.

I'm telling if you know how to call your plays for a situation you'll be able to stop a running game. You won't stop every run but a majority of them. I use the 4-3 most of the time unless the person needs to get a lot of yards then I use the nickel. I try to keep as many D-linemen and LBs on the field as possible. So I hardly use the Dime unless they need more than 15 yards for a first down or touch down.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:00 AM   #80
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

BS! Dookiemowf and I were playing on xbl the other nite. He was using the Raiders and had Charlie F'N Garner breaking 2 tackles in the backfield before taking it for big gains. There definitely was a problem with taking down all running backs last year. Trying to stop the better backs of the league was damn near impossible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »