Home

speed burst

This is a discussion on speed burst within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2004, 12:57 PM   #33
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: speed burst

Quote:

MrE_Gamer said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

MrE_Gamer said:
Quote:

KSC82186 said:
the person who wants it more will push the button faster and win..

This is y it isnt real. Who ever pushes it the fastest wins, is unrealistic. In madden u hold it down to speed burst, but if u do it to much you RB will get tired faster. Say u have a break out run with your runningback and during that play your holding speed burst, depending on your runningbacks stamia he will lose his top speed during the play. Even if your holding down the speed burst. That is more realistic IMO.

The players do start slowing down in espn. You can't just push the button and they go the same speed.

Never said players in ESPN didnt slow down. But the gamer with best button mashing skills on the speed burst button, will win the battles, not based on speed but the quicker mashing. That's all Im saying.

It is based on the speed. It's not like the players move way faster than they are supposed to. A player like jerry rice will not run faster than donte' stallworth just because someone is tapping the button faster. It depends on the speed of the player. The speed burst gives a little bit of speed but not alot.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:10 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:

jmood88 said:
It is based on the speed. It's not like the players move way faster than they are supposed to. A player like jerry rice will not run faster than donte' stallworth just because someone is tapping the button faster. It depends on the speed of the player. The speed burst gives a little bit of speed but not alot.

Again, no one is disputing the disparity of speed between Rice and Stallworth. What we are saying is that your version of Jerry Rice or Donte Stallworth may run faster than mine, depending on how hard/fast we push the button controlling the SAME player. It's not as though Orlando Pace will turn into a world-class sprinter at the hands of an expert button-masher. If you deny that, you just haven't been playing ESPN(If fact, even the training videos for 2K5 mention something along the lines of, "the faster you tap the button, the faster you will go".) Again, that's just not realistic.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:12 PM   #35

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

Silverstring said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:

Again, no one is disputing the disparity of speed between Rice and Stallworth. What we are saying is that your version of Jerry Rice or Donte Stallworth may run faster than mine, depending on how hard/fast we push the button controlling the SAME player. It's not as though Orlando Pace will turn into a world-class sprinter at the hands of an expert button-masher. If you deny that, you just haven't been playing ESPN(If fact, even the training videos for 2K5 mention something along the lines of, "the faster you tap the button, the faster you will go".) Again, that's just not realistic.

They will not run faster than another person if they don't have a higher speed rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2004, 01:14 PM   #36
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

I dont know Ive had jerry Rice outrun a few people he shouldnt have.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:19 PM   #37

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

SageTheInfinite said:
I dont know Ive had jerry Rice outrun a few people he shouldnt have.

I haven't been able to make anyone run faster than they should've.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:19 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

Silverstring said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:

yeah, i heard that in the training video too. thats why i started this thread.but hey its too late to cry over spilled milk. its in the game.all i can hope for now is that the defensive players take better pursuit angles ,that would cut down on the speed burst issue.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:21 PM   #39

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

poopie said:
Quote:

Silverstring said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:

yeah, i heard that in the training video too. thats why i started this thread.but hey its too late to cry over spilled milk. its in the game.all i can hope for now is that the defensive players take better pursuit angles ,that would cut down on the speed burst issue.

That's already been addressed.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:29 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

The thing I don't like about Madden is that there are only 2 speeds for each player. "Run" and "run fast". That's not realistic either. In ESPN, there are many speeds your player can run at. If a good stamina and momentum system are installed, I think the way ESPN handles it would be better. The problem is they don't have either yet. Also, a thing that would fix the running would be to not make it "the faster you tap the button, the faster you go". Instead, they should make it so you tap X for every step you want to take. Anybody should be able to keep up with that, and at the same time you would be able to control your speed perfectly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »