Home

My Gamestop experience today

This is a discussion on My Gamestop experience today within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2004, 08:42 PM   #17
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: My Gamestop experience today

I stopped going to gamestop. I buy all my games from EB. I dont know but every EB I go to it seems like the guys no what they're talking about a little more. Maybe its just here in NJ.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:19 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

yoyoctw said:

Personally I think most people buy their games at places like Wal-Mart and Best Buy anyways. I bet those stores outsell the Gamestops and the EB's by 10 to 1

No they don't, EB is the chain that outsells everyone in the videogame dept..even mighty Walmart.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:36 PM   #19
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:

kodiak said:
Well you would think so. Now the Gamestop that I go to in St Louis has very unbiased people, well at least the manager is. He actually prefers ESPN over EA.

So you're biased if you like Madden, but unbiased if you like ESPN. People are funny.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:15 PM   #20
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

bigeastbumrush said:
Quote:

kodiak said:
Well you would think so. Now the Gamestop that I go to in St Louis has very unbiased people, well at least the manager is. He actually prefers ESPN over EA.

So you're biased if you like Madden, but unbiased if you like ESPN. People are funny.

Ok well I should have phrased it better but he does prefer ESPN. I am not a fanboy of either so trying to provoke something is a waste of your time.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:24 PM   #21
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

The $20 price point is not a novel idea. Codemasters is doing the same thing with their racing games. We all know that these games are over priced. And they are that way for various reasons that could be listed to us by the game developers. But it just feels to me like Take2 knows what they're doing. And maybe, just maybe Sega/VC has given up on just hoping the best game will bring in better sales. They may feel simply that it's time that people bought their game. $20 is a hard price to ignore. Even if some clerk puts a downer on the game, the buyer's wallet may be the deciding factor. If ESPN2K5 is fifty bucks, there will still be many who will talk negative about the game. But at 20 bones, they can talk all they want. I hope this strategy works. Sega won't beat Madden/EA. And I believe it's not about that fight anymore. VC has already beaten Madden as a football game many times starting back in '99. Sell 1.5 million.... 2.4 million.... whatever. It's time that people start to buy and play this game. Then it will get it's just due.
Bubba4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2004, 11:30 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I guess I'm lucky but I really like my Gamestop. Been going there five years and the few guys that have been there the whole time are very cool. We talk a lot about games and they could really care less what I buy. I've never seen them push any game on anyone.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:31 PM   #23
All Star

OVR: 25

I don't see much of an issue here. If I pick up a brand new game and it is twenty bucks I have low expectations. Obviously, I don't have low expectations from a Visual Concepts product because their brand of football has been the superior product for a few years now. I doubt anyone here has actually played the game yet and none of us know if it really is better than last year's version. I'm going to assume it is, but thats just an assumption, a hunch. I do question how much better the product will be if they can afford to sell it for twenty dollars and that concern basically means I will not pre-order the game but instead wait for some reviews to pop up. I'd rather be safe than sorry and its not like I've ever had a problem walking into a Gamestop and buying ESPN on the day of its release.
Old 06-13-2004, 12:38 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 8

Gamestops store policies are terrible, they get more shadier and shadier every year. No more catalogs, No trade on used games for new ones, You also can't play the games you want to play before you buy, your only choices are the ones they have already set up. I would suggest people to try Gamefly, Kmart, Wal-mart or any other major chain like Best Buy, Circuit City or better yet ebay. I only use Gamespot to buy controllers or memory cards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »