Home

Agent contracts and negotiations...

This is a discussion on Agent contracts and negotiations... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2004, 01:41 AM   #9
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Agent contracts and negotiations...

Quote:

sportsgeist said:

You don't have to deal with agents as far as I know but they said you can do multiple year contracts and set what you want to pay them for each year of that contract that way if you want to back load a contract you can. Plus you have signing bonuses now. So give VC 5 years or less and you may have to deal with Agents in their game. It wouldn't hurt to ask them for it and unlike EA......VC listens.

If putting all this off-the-field stuff in the game will get Madden fans to convert I'm all for it. I just like playing the on-the-field game.

Yeah, off-the-field features aren't for everyone but they do add alot depth and replay value to the offline single player game which is why it's no surprise EA is always sure to add some new layer of depth to Madden's franchise mode each yr.

But adding off-the-field features isn't about all about "getting madden fans to convert"...its about adding more longevity and replay value to the game period...regardless of whether madden fans "convert" or not.

As for the agents, It can be done alot sooner than 5 yrs without question. It depends on how it fits within the concept of the current Franchise mode....if VC were add a Career mode for exmaple then agents would be perfect or if they simply wanted add more of a twist to contract negotiations as mentioned in the first post.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:43 AM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Its a great idea even if we may not see it for awhile but don't think we need a new system to implement it. This isn't graphics but simple logic programming that takes time to work on. Processing power isn't the problem, manpower and desire are.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:17 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

sportsgeist said:

You don't have to deal with agents as far as I know but they said you can do multiple year contracts and set what you want to pay them for each year of that contract that way if you want to back load a contract you can. Plus you have signing bonuses now. So give VC 5 years or less and you may have to deal with Agents in their game. It wouldn't hurt to ask them for it and unlike EA......VC listens.

If putting all this off-the-field stuff in the game will get Madden fans to convert I'm all for it. I just like playing the on-the-field game.

Yeah, off-the-field features aren't for everyone but they do add alot depth and replay value to the offline single player game which is why it's no surprise EA is always sure to add some new layer of depth to Madden's franchise mode each yr.

But adding off-the-field features isn't about all about "getting madden fans to convert"...its about adding more longevity and replay value to the game period...regardless of whether madden fans "convert" or not.

As for the agents, It can be done alot sooner than 5 yrs without question. It depends on how it fits within the concept of the current Franchise mode....if VC were add a Career mode for exmaple then agents would be perfect or if they simply wanted add more of a twist to contract negotiations as mentioned in the first post.

I don't need Franchise and career modes to give me more replay value. You give me a better on-the-field experience every year and I'll be straight. Franchise and Career Modes are pretty much in its infancy. Its only been around about a 1/3 of the Madden games. I've played football games from the late 70s early 80s from the vibrating football boards and handheld colecos up til now. I even played in real life and was pretty good at it too. Up until the last 4 or 5 years for me it's only been all about the on-the-field experience. That is why gameplay comes first in my book. Its the best part because its fun or supposed to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2004, 09:35 AM   #12
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

sportsgeist said:

Espn Baseball has a gm mode where all the owners have a distinct personality. They could do something like that. But it would have to be something that you have to turn off because it could get out of hand with the demands.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »