Home

Sock at the reaction of espn talk on madden sites

This is a discussion on Sock at the reaction of espn talk on madden sites within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2004, 07:23 PM   #65
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Sock at the reaction of espn talk on madden sites

Quote:

jiujitsu35 said:
Kanobi what shocks me is that you were the person that was on here talking about the game like it was the bible but one year later it's a problem.Please check your roots.

No need to check my roots as I clearly stated that was the case in my earlier post....

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

jiujitsu35 said:
I found some ESPN fans in different madden sites educating the MADDEN folks on ESPN...
...There are so many madden sites and I hope they all get some espn people to educate them..

I remember doing a solo "crusade" for nfl2k3 at MM last yr til I was eventaully banned In the end though I realized the quality of the game would eventually do all it's own talking. Consider the new $20 price tag as a megaphone.

Just trying to explain that I've been there and done that but that in the end I realized it's not even worth it ...especially NOW when sega/vc & take two seem to be doing such a good job of promoting the game themselves.

I know my "roots" juijitsu...a madden baller that discovered there was another quality football sim out there and sharin that discovery with other madden ballers....not some nut on a specific mission to travel to various Madden sites in order to "enlighten and educate" Madden fans about nfl2k. Those are 2 different things. I explained that in an earlier post as well....

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Why would anybody go to the site about Madden and full of its fanboys to promote ESPN NFL

Don't get me wrong, it's your life and what not...but what's the real purpose?

In my case though I was already a madden-playing member of MM and had been since spring of 02 so I didn't sign up with the intent to "educate" madden ballers about nfl2k which is what juijitsu is suggesting guys start doing. Like you, I personally don't see purpose or point in doing so...especially now.

As for me being banned...it was because I had been banned from MM prior to that for getting into it with Mad Scientist, one of the former admins there and I was using kanobi as new username. Nothing really to do with talking about nfl2k.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2004, 07:44 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

I might of used the wrong words educate.I should of just said ;talk about such a great game in different sites.I for one don't do that but I applaud the ones that do.It's not about preaching it's about letting people know about a great game.May I ask what is so wrong about that.I bet you have seen a movie that you told your friends about or ate at a restaurant that you couldn't stop talking about.Well to me this game is good enough to talk about and for $19.99 it is a big deal.This is called word of mouth and that is how small things become big.I for one have always been the ultimate underdog rooter and espn is the underdog.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:58 PM   #67
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

jits,

just make sure you educate the "lemmings". the boyz over
at MM and other madden sites have already made up their mind--to be posting on videop games daily (like myself)-makes them a hardcore gamer

--many guys play these games and NEVER even glance at these boards---those are the guys you should put your energy into.

how you get their attention?

thats a tough one---good luck
Old 06-13-2004, 09:44 PM   #68
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
So ESPN should not care at all that VC does with the game that their name is on and has their people in it as well?

It is business and business tells you that somehow ESPN is getting paid in all this. It would be stupid busniess to lend your name out and not want the product to not succeed. And maybe ESPN would like to advertise the game more.

P2k...

ESPN does not get paid any royalties from the sales of the games. This was agreed upon when they sold VC the rights to use their logo, sportscenter, music, overlays, personalities, etc in the espnvideogames titles. Therefore espn has no obligation to promote the games on their shows thus the reason why you do not see espnfl or any other espn sports titles used in any of the programming. If it is then you can best believe VC paid for that as well just like they paid to have Kiper, Kolber, Berman and Wingo in the game....espn isn't doing this out of goodwill. Its all for the loot.

Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
And maybe ESPN would like to advertise the game more. They already do little stuff with it. But VC isn't doing enough along with the brand to sell it. VC would like to keep the license, I would think. ESPN would like the product their name is on to keep going and succeed, right?

Remember man, sega/vc paid ESPN to use the license.....not ESPN paying sega/vc to have their name and personalities used in the games. So to say ESPN should care more means nothing because for them it's purely about money...money which they have already made. If they were being paid based on the sales of the games then you'd see more usage of espn titles in their programming but as I said earlier...that isn't the case.

As for thinking ESPN WOULD LIKE TO "advertise the game more"...I'm sure it's cool to THINK espn execs sit in their board meettings with halos above their heads saying:

"You know...we really need to help VC out. That's such a good little game developer. They paid us already but...we just need to go that extra mile for them...you know, we need to go above and beyond what's required of our contractual agreement"

...but again that's just not the reality or realistic thinking, p2k.

As I said earlier in the thread, its up to Sega/Vc to push their products ...not us..not espn...sega/vc and of course Take-Two. So far, with the price cut and steady feeding of info and media, they seem to be doing quite well.

Anyway, that's all I'll say on this from here on out. Hopefully you understand now, man.

ESPN actually does have the obligation to sell and promote Sega's games because that was agreed upon when the licensing deal was made.

Again, it would be bad business to sell your brand and not care if it didn't sell good. It brings in money, despite what you think you know. I'm not talking about royalties. It's not "brought to you by ESPN". IT IS ESPN. It's the name of the game. The whole series is ESPN Videogames. You cannot tell me ESPN doesn't get something out of it.

I will say it again...ESPN agreed to sell and promote the games upon selling the license. I don't see the debate, really.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:48 PM   #69
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

Quote:

wwharton said:
Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

SageTheInfinite said:
I think its not what certain people say about a game its where they do it. I mean going to a Madden boaard to try 2 promote ESPN. I dont know just seems funny to me.

Even if they mean well (I guess), all it is going to do is promote flame warfare.

and things like your sig won't? you talk about how espn fans act but here at OS i've seen very few espn fans in the other forums ever bashing the game. maybe defending espn when a madden fan says something incorrect but not bashing madden (or ncaa for that matter). however i've ssen posts like yours and the others in the espn forum far too many times. they aren't to correct an inaccurate statement about madden (there aren't many here) or ncaa (haven't seen one) but just to bash ESPN for the sake of bashing. also at nfl2kx the word madden doesn't even come up b/c people just want to talk about the game. in the other games forum someone may discuss madden but it doesn't even get bashed there so i have no idea what you're talking about. sounds like you're trying a bit too hard to defend a battle that doesn't exist. in this thread alone it's hard to believe you can't see that you're the one that looks to be closed minded and this thread is pretty bad so that's hard.

First, you're the only one that has had a problem with my sig. It hasn't started anything until you said something.

Second, how am I bashing ESPN's game and being closed minded? I would actually like to hear your answer first.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:52 PM   #70
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

Quote:

jiujitsu35 said:
I think that p2kill who is not a espn fan and talks about people going into sites where there knocking the game is one himself.Last I'm 36 years old with two kids so I do have a life.

How did you come to the conclusion that I am not an ESPN fan

To be real, why would anybody want to be a fan of a cot'damn videogame??? That's all it is...A VIDEOGAME. Some of you refuse to see that is what we are talking about here. I'm not a fan anything. So because I don't wanna be thumped down by ESPN goons into liking their game, I'm bashing it Get off it, chief.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:54 PM   #71
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

Quote:

jiujitsu35 said:
I for one have always been the ultimate underdog rooter and espn is the underdog.

See, this is what I don't get. It is a damn videogame...not a human being. How can a videogame be an underdog?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2004, 09:56 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

jiujitsu35 said:
I for one have always been the ultimate underdog rooter and espn is the underdog.

See, this is what I don't get. It is a damn videogame...not a human being. How can a videogame be an underdog?

so products can't be underdogs?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »