Home

Anybody else concerned by the recent videos?

This is a discussion on Anybody else concerned by the recent videos? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2004, 02:51 AM   #9
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Anybody else concerned by the recent videos?

Just do what i do RENT BEFORE YOU BUY

With every game
Old 06-15-2004, 02:53 AM   #10
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

HMcCoy said:
At this point, much like the MVP fiasco, people only want to see the positives. I'm sure very few people are concerned about the numerous potential issues right now. Just about anthing negative in the videos is met with, ahhh thats only on Pro or I'm sure they'll fix it before it comes out.

Why bother, it'll all come out in the wash. Hype factor x unfair expectaions + Flaws = Very angry posters on September 1st...

It is on pro, since the arrow for field goals isn't moving. And if you don't believe me then look at the new movies.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:02 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 8

That's fine, but it should be possible to play defense on pro without dealing with umpteen broken tackles. A human player should be able to defend another human player, regardless of what the difficulty level is. Considering the fact that the ground game was a problem last year, it should at least give people pause that the preview notes that the improvements work primarily to juice up the offense, and that gameplay videos tend to bear that out. In a year when Madden is clearly working on improving the defensive side of the ball, it would be unfortunate if ESPN ended up sliding into a more arcadish experience, a la ESPN Basketball last year.

Do I expect that to happen? No. But the holes in the ground game are opening up a little too easily right now (although in fairness, the defenses being called don't seem to help matters).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2004, 03:04 AM   #12
MVP

myownsun's Arena

Quote:

HMcCoy said:
At this point, much like the MVP fiasco, people only want to see the positives. I'm sure very few people are concerned about the numerous potential issues right now. Just about anthing negative in the videos is met with, ahhh thats only on Pro or I'm sure they'll fix it before it comes out.

Why bother, it'll all come out in the wash. Hype factor x unfair expectaions + Flaws = Very angry posters on September 1st...

Yeah your right which is why i rent before i buy 20$ or not
Old 06-15-2004, 03:08 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

seanmac said:
That's fine, but it should be possible to play defense on pro without dealing with umpteen broken tackles. A human player should be able to defend another human player, regardless of what the difficulty level is. Considering the fact that the ground game was a problem last year, it should at least give people pause that the preview notes that the improvements work primarily to juice up the offense, and that gameplay videos tend to bear that out. In a year when Madden is clearly working on improving the defensive side of the ball, it would be unfortunate if ESPN ended up sliding into a more arcadish experience, a la ESPN Basketball last year.

Do I expect that to happen? No. But the holes in the ground game are opening up a little too easily right now (although in fairness, the defenses being called don't seem to help matters).

What was wrong with espn nba? I thought it was extremely solid....best basketball sim available. If you altered the sliders and put the game on a slower speed it was as close to the nba as it could be? So what was wrong with it in your eyes?
Old 06-15-2004, 03:11 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

myownsun said:
Quote:

HMcCoy said:

no offense man, but you're really cheap. If you're that cheap you should might as well try it out at your local game retailer to save the 5 bucks lol lol lol
Old 06-15-2004, 03:18 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

m12x13adass said:
Quote:

seanmac said:

What was wrong with espn nba? I thought it was extremely solid....best basketball sim available. If you altered the sliders and put the game on a slower speed it was as close to the nba as it could be? So what was wrong with it in your eyes?

Visit the ESPN basketball forum and you will find out why many people do not like the game.

I hope I am wrong, but the new QB evade feature could be the ultimate cheese. It would be VERY disappointing indeed if ESPN NFL became more arcade and extremely schewed towards offense while Madden address the defensive flaws. It was too easy to break tackles in ESPN NFL 2K4 and I do not understand why the developers want to make it even easier to break tackles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2004, 03:28 AM   #16
MVP

myownsun's Arena

Quote:

m12x13adass said:
Quote:

myownsun said:
Quote:

HMcCoy said:

no offense man, but you're really cheap. If you're that cheap you should might as well try it out at your local game retailer to save the 5 bucks lol lol lol

I have a good memebership and i get a big discount on games i buy...PUt it like this the only game i own is madden 04 i dont beleive in wasting money on something ill never play

PLus you cant try out a sports game, you have to play it for at least a week or 2 and put it through its paces franchise and all then make a decision if i had followed my formula i would have sved about 250$

True crime
Live
Mvp
espn fb/Basketball

All waste of cash

Am i cheap YEP

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »