Home

Anybody else concerned by the recent videos?

This is a discussion on Anybody else concerned by the recent videos? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2004, 05:54 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Anybody else concerned by the recent videos?

I'm not the slightest bit concerned with ESPN NFL becoming more slanted toward the offense. VC has done what seems to be an excellent job of re-balancing the gameplay after last years over-powering running game.

From the videos released it looks like Maximum Tackle along with some adjustments to other factors like pursuit angles has reigned in the runningbacks. The most tackles I've seen broken is 2. Which to me doesn't seem unreasonable.

This seasons QB Evade feature could be scary in the right players hands. But, the Maximum Tackle feature should again help keep the QB in check. It should also prevent a few of the erroneous sacks caused by the DE coming unchecked off the end.

The passing coverage also got a little help with VC correcting the double team option.

Overall I would have to say that ESPN has made more defensive additions than offensive. So, I really think what held true in years past will hold true this year. If you really like Madden you'll continue to make excuses not to like ESPN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2004, 07:16 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

All I have to say is your one cheap dude to rent ESPN first before buying ,it's freaking $20.Guy you have to have more faith in VC.The game has to be made easy on rookie and pro for the casual players not all 10 year olds want to play sim like football.
Old 06-15-2004, 07:34 AM   #27
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

We were talking about espn basketball being easy for me on all modes

But yeah My main reason for renting espn football first is i have to see if the franchise is up to snuff and the off the field A.I can hold its own... If these things check out then i have no problem buying it.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:23 AM   #28
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

m12x13adass said:
Quote:

myownsun said:
The Game was easy to me just all the damn glitches,bugs and crappy franchise mode had me selling it within a month

The game itself was fun

Easy? you're kidding buddy. You've probably been playing on PRO so something.

I have to agree with him about it being a bit easy. I played on Legend with CPU-favored sliders with the Atlanta Hawks and I'd still hang right in there with the Kings, Mavs and Lakers.

But, back on topic... the broken tackles on the default modes mean very little to me IF we're able to fix them with sliders. If we can do that, all is well. BTW, has anyone heard anything about any new sliders this year?
Old 06-15-2004, 08:25 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:

I played on Legend

...i think you mean superstar
Old 06-15-2004, 09:25 AM   #30
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

seanmac said:
That's fine, but it should be possible to play defense on pro without dealing with umpteen broken tackles. A human player should be able to defend another human player, regardless of what the difficulty level is. Considering the fact that the ground game was a problem last year, it should at least give people pause that the preview notes that the improvements work primarily to juice up the offense, and that gameplay videos tend to bear that out. In a year when Madden is clearly working on improving the defensive side of the ball, it would be unfortunate if ESPN ended up sliding into a more arcadish experience, a la ESPN Basketball last year.

Do I expect that to happen? No. But the holes in the ground game are opening up a little too easily right now (although in fairness, the defenses being called don't seem to help matters).

I don't see all the broken tackles you're seeing. IT looks like it's easier to deal with than last year. And there were other articles I believe that said that it wasn't a problem. I think barcadi might've said that it wasn't.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:08 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:

BigBadB said:
I'm not the slightest bit concerned with ESPN NFL becoming more slanted toward the offense. VC has done what seems to be an excellent job of re-balancing the gameplay after last years over-powering running game.

From the videos released it looks like Maximum Tackle along with some adjustments to other factors like pursuit angles has reigned in the runningbacks. The most tackles I've seen broken is 2. Which to me doesn't seem unreasonable.

This seasons QB Evade feature could be scary in the right players hands. But, the Maximum Tackle feature should again help keep the QB in check. It should also prevent a few of the erroneous sacks caused by the DE coming unchecked off the end.

The passing coverage also got a little help with VC correcting the double team option.

Overall I would have to say that ESPN has made more defensive additions than offensive. So, I really think what held true in years past will hold true this year. If you really like Madden you'll continue to make excuses not to like ESPN.

Good post, BigBadB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2004, 12:38 PM   #32
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
Quote:

I played on Legend

...i think you mean superstar

Yeah, superstar I guess. I was thinking of ESPN Baseball... I think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »