Home

Anybody else concerned by the recent videos?

This is a discussion on Anybody else concerned by the recent videos? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2004, 08:34 PM   #49
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Anybody else concerned by the recent videos?

Quote:

HMcCoy said:
At this point, much like the MVP fiasco, people only want to see the positives. I'm sure very few people are concerned about the numerous potential issues right now. Just about anthing negative in the videos is met with, ahhh thats only on Pro or I'm sure they'll fix it before it comes out.

Why bother, it'll all come out in the wash. Hype factor x unfair expectaions + Flaws = Very angry posters on September 1st...

After reading the rest of this thread, I had to quote myself.

OK, maybe we need to take baby steps...

#1. Will anyone here first admit that every game EVER made has some type of flaw?

#2. Then can we agree that broken tackles, even though they looked frigging AMAZING in all the videos last year, were a legit problem?

#3. If you said yes to both, isn't it within the realm of POSSIBILITY, that the evade could turn out overly cheap and frustrating? (please re-read #'s 1 & 2 before you answer.)

Funny part is the same people ignoring everything but the pretty graphics are the same people who will be crying the loudest. I said the exact same thing during "MVP Love-Fest '04" and everyone blew it off. Hopefully the balance will be OK, but right now everyone naive enough to somehow expect perfection is in for a couple nasty surprises guaranteed. Believe what you want, but the flaws are alot easier to get past if you already kinda know what they are and expect them.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:56 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

HMcCoy said:
Quote:

HMcCoy said:
At this point, much like the MVP fiasco, people only want to see the positives. I'm sure very few people are concerned about the numerous potential issues right now. Just about anthing negative in the videos is met with, ahhh thats only on Pro or I'm sure they'll fix it before it comes out.

Why bother, it'll all come out in the wash. Hype factor x unfair expectaions + Flaws = Very angry posters on September 1st...

After reading the rest of this thread, I had to quote myself.

OK, maybe we need to take baby steps...

#1. Will anyone here first admit that every game EVER made has some type of flaw?

#2. Then can we agree that broken tackles, even though they looked frigging AMAZING in all the videos last year, were a legit problem?

#3. If you said yes to both, isn't it within the realm of POSSIBILITY, that the evade could turn out overly cheap and frustrating? (please re-read #'s 1 & 2 before you answer.)

Funny part is the same people ignoring everything but the pretty graphics are the same people who will be crying the loudest. I said the exact same thing during "MVP Love-Fest '04" and everyone blew it off. Hopefully the balance will be OK, but right now everyone naive enough to somehow expect perfection is in for a couple nasty surprises guaranteed. Believe what you want, but the flaws are alot easier to get past if you already kinda know what they are and expect them.

I undertsand where you coming from but it's a little bit too early to assess that right now. Ofcrouse everygame has it's flaws...people just don't believe the things that you've mentioned will be flawed or flawed anymore in this game. anyhtthing can be changed from now until the release date so relax =). Happy posting
Old 06-15-2004, 09:19 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

Has anyone seen a video where they actually heard some new commentary? I haven't heard anything new in all the videos I have seen. I cringe everytime I hear "You can't coach that"
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »