Home

OK The 2nd Worst Problem with 2k4 is still in 2k5

This is a discussion on OK The 2nd Worst Problem with 2k4 is still in 2k5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2004, 11:43 AM   #17
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: OK The 2nd Worst Problem with 2k4 is still in 2k5

Quote:

lionsfan49 said:
Quote:

Ram209 said:
Ok everyone knows the worst problem with last years game was broken tackles on Legend. The 2nd worst problem in my opinion was the DAMN OFFENSIVE TACKLES GOING BRAIN-DEAD AND WATCHING THE DE RUN RIGHT AROUND THEM. and its STILL HERE I have noticed this in 3 of the videos I have seen. And dont give me this "oh its on pro crap" I dont care what level its on that should not happen. Watch the Niner Packer video on IGN the right tackle just stands up and looks at the DE. This was so bad last year how can they let this go through again. I will compare this to the lack of walks in MVP a potential game killer PlEASE VC FIX THIS

LOL dont you know you arent supposed to say bad things about ESPN? Bugs in that game are "not that bad"...

Am I supposed to lie? I've never had a problem with it. I rarely give up a sack a game.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:44 AM   #18
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

NoleFan said:
Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Ram209 said:
Ok everyone knows the worst problem with last years game was broken tackles on Legend. The 2nd worst problem in my opinion was the DAMN OFFENSIVE TACKLES GOING BRAIN-DEAD AND WATCHING THE DE RUN RIGHT AROUND THEM. and its STILL HERE I have noticed this in 3 of the videos I have seen. And dont give me this "oh its on pro crap" I dont care what level its on that should not happen. Watch the Niner Packer video on IGN the right tackle just stands up and looks at the DE. This was so bad last year how can they let this go through again. I will compare this to the lack of walks in MVP a potential game killer PlEASE VC FIX THIS

It was not that bad.

C'mon now j!

I hope that the supposed addition to momentum will help this problem. I noticed that either he ran completely outside the OT, who didn't react at all, or he started running outside then made that 90 degree cut to the inside for the b-line to the QB. Sure, it didn't happen on every play because every play isn't a pass but when it did happen it was not representative of how a real life OT misses an assignment.

I did see tackles miss blocks sometimes but it wasn't a big problem, at least for me since I do like to move around in the pocket and play with aaron brooks who is a mobile quarteback.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:47 AM   #19
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

I did see tackles miss blocks sometimes but it wasn't a big problem, at least for me since I do like to move around in the pocket and play with aaron brooks who is a mobile quarteback.

Ummm...how about when you're on defense? Matter of fact, dont even answer that. I already know what you're gonna say.

My problem was when I was on defense. I can pick up tons of sacks with my Outside DL. The cpus OL would just let me breeze right past him.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:00 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

RawRebel said:
o LINEMEN do miss assignments sometimes in real life. You act as if this happens on every play.

Thank you. Did anybody even think that the OL let the guy go pass him on purpose? I used to play on the OL and if your QB is getting on your nerves you let a guy or 2 get through and hit him so he will quit crying like a baby. We'll be more than happy to do our part if you do yours. DEs and DTs come free on line stunts all the time. You don't see it because the offense has adjusted and have their QBs taking smaller drop backs.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:08 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
Quote:

RawRebel said:
o LINEMEN do miss assignments sometimes in real life. You act as if this happens on every play.

Thank you. Did anybody even think that the OL let the guy go pass him on purpose? I used to play on the OL and if your QB is getting on your nerves you let a guy or 2 get through and hit him so he will quit crying like a baby. We'll be more than happy to do our part if you do yours. DEs and DTs come free on line stunts all the time. You don't see it because the offense has adjusted and have their QBs taking smaller drop backs.

Why try and justify this? I guess maybe if it looked a little better graphically it wouldn't be such an issue. What I mean is when the guy is beat he just watches the DE go to the QB and doesn't even try to hinder his progress in any way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2004, 12:12 PM   #22
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

I think it's a glitch but one of those glitches that VC keeps on purpose so the CPU can get more sacks. It's kinda like the dropped passes on NCAA.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:17 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 10

It's not a glitch. It happens more than you think or care to know. This all goes back to wanting realism. You want it until it works against you in some way. Besides that person won't be getting burned all day because the CPU will start double teaming that person anyway.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:29 PM   #24
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
Quote:

RawRebel said:

LOL You let a D-lineman through because the QB was "getting on your nerves?"

Tells me all I want to know about your character, thats for sure.

And is the whole point of your sharing that info to imply that the reason we are seeing OTs in ESPN let their d-lineman go untouched is because NFL tackles sometimes do this? Brett Favre is getting on an OTs nerves, so he lets him go by untouched? LOL If that ever happened that OL would be bagging groceries before he can say twinkies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »