Home

OK The 2nd Worst Problem with 2k4 is still in 2k5

This is a discussion on OK The 2nd Worst Problem with 2k4 is still in 2k5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2004, 09:22 AM   #65
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: OK The 2nd Worst Problem with 2k4 is still in 2k5

1st off--i don';t know sh@t about real life football O line schemes--

maybe what u saw in the video was somebody using a madden style of play...and that it won't work.

i do have a problem though with OL just watching DL go right past them--must be too hard to write code for?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2004, 09:25 AM   #66
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Ram209 said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

grunt said:
I just watched the vid and it wasn't the o-line fault.The QB saw the blitz coming from his left and drifted to his right into the DE. The qb broke down his own protection. .

Man, this is getting out of control. I don't see how anybody in their right mind could watch that vid andtry to justify what happened by saying the Oline...the CHIEFS Oline... wasn't responsible for that sack and that sh*t is by design. The QB didn't "brake down his own protection"...There WAS NO PROTECTION.

It damn near looked like the defenders were moving twice as fast...almost as if the Olinemen were moving in slow motion. They didn't even get out on their guy...not even putting a hand out or even attempting to block these guys. That's a flaw man and shouldn't happen. Will Shields would never let some dude blow past him like that...John Tait never got beat like that off the edge without at least engaging his guy and neither did Roaf on the Left Side.

Hel, You can see it in the replay...how the Olinemen move in slo-mo while the defenders move at reg speed. Its crazy to try and justify that video. It'd be an outrage if that sh*t made to the final build. Man, I wish guys would stop trying to justify an obvious and totally unrealistic problem.

Man it seems you and I are the only ones who sees this as a problem. Can Bk do something about this and contact VC and let them know or maybe Lbrulz. Your always coming up with ideas to make the game better please see if you can do anything and contact VC or let me know how to because this is not good. And People PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE stop trying to justify this it is a problem glitch whatever you want to call it.

Yes it would appear only we, a few others here as well as the Lead AI Engineer at VC recognize this as a problem. I talked with dude about this he said it was an issue last yr but it's being worked on .

Like I said before, its unfathomable for what happened in that Chiefs/Titans vid at IGN to make it to the final version of the game with the Chiefs Oline being slowed down while the Titan defenders run full speed. Anybody who feels that's how it should be in the final version of the game is lying to themselves in attmepts to justify this sh*t happening.

Grunt, with all due respect, bro

I've played countless hrs of this game vs the both the cpu and human opponents. I use the drop as well as step up into the pocket in competition and not practice.....especially in First Person Football where you REALLY must use the pocket as you don't have the luxury of god view to see where all the rush is coming from AND There have been WAAAY too many times where the Olinemen simply let the guy blow right past em, man....just stood there and watched. Its not JUST the tackles..it's also my Interior Linemen! The Bottomline is that it IS NOT REALISTIC! for that to happen.

Trust me, Grunt, I know exactly what I'm talking about, man. It is not the qb's drop...it is indeed the blocking AI. I've talked with the Lead AI engineer myself and he even admitted that it's the AI....not the Drop. So grunt, your practice and lab work is appreciated and think we all know that the qb drop is important in this game but the fact of the matter is..drop or no drop...it's no excuse for the braidead, non-attempts to even block by the Olinemen. Plain and Simple.

From VC themselves...this was DEFINITELY a flaw in 2k4. But it's being worked on for 2k5 which is encouraging.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:28 AM   #67
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

well if its in this years vids how much work did they do?

im gonna go on a limb & say the same flaw will be in there
(much like that poor kickoff animation)

im still a fan of the game though
Old 06-16-2004, 09:37 AM   #68
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

Ram209 said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

grunt said:
I just watched the vid and it wasn't the o-line fault.The QB saw the blitz coming from his left and drifted to his right into the DE. The qb broke down his own protection. .

Man, this is getting out of control. I don't see how anybody in their right mind could watch that vid andtry to justify what happened by saying the Oline...the CHIEFS Oline... wasn't responsible for that sack and that sh*t is by design. The QB didn't "brake down his own protection"...There WAS NO PROTECTION.

It damn near looked like the defenders were moving twice as fast...almost as if the Olinemen were moving in slow motion. They didn't even get out on their guy...not even putting a hand out or even attempting to block these guys. That's a flaw man and shouldn't happen. Will Shields would never let some dude blow past him like that...John Tait never got beat like that off the edge without at least engaging his guy and neither did Roaf on the Left Side.

Hel, You can see it in the replay...how the Olinemen move in slo-mo while the defenders move at reg speed. Its crazy to try and justify that video. It'd be an outrage if that sh*t made to the final build. Man, I wish guys would stop trying to justify an obvious and totally unrealistic problem.

Man it seems you and I are the only ones who sees this as a problem. Can Bk do something about this and contact VC and let them know or maybe Lbrulz. Your always coming up with ideas to make the game better please see if you can do anything and contact VC or let me know how to because this is not good. And People PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE stop trying to justify this it is a problem glitch whatever you want to call it.

Yes it would appear only we, a few others here as well as the Lead AI Engineer at VC recognize this as a problem. I talked with dude about this he said it was an issue last yr but it's being worked on .

Like I said before, its unfathomable for what happened in that Chiefs/Titans vid at IGN to make it to the final version of the game with the Chiefs Oline being slowed down while the Titan defenders run full speed. Anybody who feels that's how it should be in the final version of the game is lying to themselves in attmepts to justify this sh*t happening.

Grunt, with all due respect, bro

I've played countless hrs of this game vs the both the cpu and human opponents. I use the drop as well as step up into the pocket in competition and not practice.....especially in First Person Football where you REALLY must use the pocket as you don't have the luxury of god view to see where all the rush is coming from AND There have been WAAAY too many times where the Olinemen simply let the guy blow right past em, man....just stood there and watched. Its not JUST the tackles..it's also my Interior Linemen! The Bottomline is that it IS NOT REALISTIC! for that to happen.

Trust me, Grunt, I know exactly what I'm talking about, man. It is not the qb's drop...it is indeed the blocking AI. I've talked with the Lead AI engineer myself and he even admitted that it's the AI....not the Drop. So grunt, your practice and lab work is appreciated and think we all know that the qb drop is important in this game but the fact of the matter is..drop or no drop...it's no excuse for the braidead, non-attempts to even block by the Olinemen. Plain and Simple.

From VC themselves...this was DEFINITELY a flaw in 2k4. But it's being worked on for 2k5 which is encouraging.

Man thank (enter religious figure here) they know about this. Kanobi good job, no great job on following up with this. Lets hope that they fix this. And for the people still in denial, just be glad that VC is doing something about this.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:47 AM   #69
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

I'm willing to bet that a lot of the guys who are trying to justify just watch football games and may have played but have never been a lineman. I was a linemen, a tackle actually, and if you Olay (as our coach used to say) a defender you may as well quit the team because you won't be playing. In the game, it's not right. You can attempt to make sense out of it and make it not be a big deal all you want but I played the position and from HS on there are things you are taught to use if you just happen to get beat and watching the guy f*ck up your QB isn’t one of em. I have faith that VC will have it fixed by release because it's quite obvious that they listen to us, the consumers. But, when you pass things off and try to justify them then you hinder progress.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:21 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 3

nolesfan i feel your pain but it isnt as big of deal. This is coming from another nole fan. Somethings are hard to let go that was drilled in to your head from day one on the real feild. But unfortunately it does happen not as much but is does happen. And the commentaries love to point it out doing the game. Look how he blows by the lineman with out one hand on him. The qb wont be taken him out to dinner tonight. It happens the most at the tackle position some of those damn de should be running backs.

just let it go man. i know your coach hard wired it into you. just like my coach would have had me in the same position as warren sapp a year ago. quote from my coach on ever play you are to hit somebody until the whistle is blown if not you can watch from the bench. so when sapp hit that man and people said it was a cheap shot. i was piss and i dont like sap im a nole he is a hurrican. but i was like damn that is what i was told to do
Old 06-16-2004, 11:39 AM   #71
Banned

OVR: 32

Ok, fine. I dont have that problem with the offensive line in that way. Could the offensive oline play be improved? Yes, but i wonder how anyone get passes off in the game? If the oline is that bad. Hey, Kanobi I will be online 9:00 pm if you want to play.

XBOX gamer tag is grunt 007.

Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2004, 11:52 AM   #72
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

grunt said:
I dont have that problem with the offensive line in that way. Could the offensive oline play be improved? Yes, i wonder how anyone get passes off in the game? If the oline is that bad.

You adjust to it just like you you adjust to most flaws in a game you really enjoy playing. That Doesn't mean one should be content with that sh*t or that it shouldn't be worked on which it is and trying to say it's realistic is crazy. Hell, It's been acknowledged by VC Themselves, and more specifically by the lead ai engineer himself, as flaw in the ai. But they're workin on it though.

Quote:

grunt said:
Hey, Kanobi I will be online 9:00 pm if you want to play.

XBOX gamer tag is grunt 007.

Oh no doubt.When I buy my Xbox I'll hit you up for sure, grunt. Which will be pretty soon hopefully.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »