Home

NFL2k5: Pump Up The Crowd?

This is a discussion on NFL2k5: Pump Up The Crowd? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2004, 06:21 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NFL2k5: Pump Up The Crowd?

If you pressed the pump up crowd button enough times at home the ref would flag you for your fans being too loud. I forget what game(s) that happened in, but try it out. You pretty much have to control both teams because I dont think you can push it enough times with the CPU on offense without them snapping the ball.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:02 PM   #18
MVP

FloridaGators's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

TIm said:
I tell ya that's pumping up the crowd or making them get quiet was and would be a great feature to have again...I miss that...Speaking of offsides , Do any of you when playing friend jolt your body to try to get your friend offsides?/Every once in a while I freaking move my whole body quick without even pressing a button and force him to go offsides heehhe

Yeah, I've done that. I guess it's pretty cheesey but it's also pretty funny at the same time.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:22 PM   #19
Rookie

The reason they removed the "pump up the crowd" feature was because there was a glitch that came with it. When you hit X, on the old Dreamcast, the player began the animation and it locked him in place... which means you could not move him. People would just place a player near the LOS and repeatedly pressed A, once the ball was snapped they got across almost simultainiously as the ball was snapped. They called this the "wave blitz" back in the old online DC days. I guess Sega didn't want to bother fixing it so they just removed it.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:35 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:

FloridaGators said:
I remember back in 2k2 or 2k1 they also had offensive tackles and defensive ends shoving after the play. I wish they brought that back, maybe they did.

Also, what about late hits? I guess that is something the NFLPA frowns on.

If youre upset about there not being late hits in the game heres a little tip to take out your frustration: If youre blitzing in or are just a linemen and they doing a running play to the opposite side of where you are, why not try doing something useful like creaming the quarterback. Even better, you dont get penalized at all!
I bet the NFLPA frowns upon that!
Old 06-16-2004, 10:18 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

SiNER said:
The reason they removed the "pump up the crowd" feature was because there was a glitch that came with it. When you hit X, on the old Dreamcast, the player began the animation and it locked him in place... which means you could not move him. People would just place a player near the LOS and repeatedly pressed A, once the ball was snapped they got across almost simultainiously as the ball was snapped. They called this the "wave blitz" back in the old online DC days. I guess Sega didn't want to bother fixing it so they just removed it.

Yes, I do remember that. As far as the guy freezing in place. But that was on an older system too. I wouldn't think that this would be a problem on the Xbox today. Someone mentioned earlier that if you pump up the crowd five or six times, you would get a five yard personal for excessive crowd noise. I honestly don't remember this. I remember the checkbox in the setup menu for Excessive Crowd Noise Penalty but I don't remember it actually being utilized in the game. I wold like to see this in 2k5 too!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2004, 09:58 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:

vinny said:
Quote:

e0820 said:
Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
Hey NFL2kers!!

Does anybody know (that have attended E3 or knew somebody there) if we will get our 'Pump Up The Crowd' feature back this year for 2k5? I hope so because I really miss it. It gave me the sense that I had some sort of a connection with my home crowd.

What is the Pump Up The Crowd feature?

When you play a home game you push a button before the play starts and your player will lift their arms and say something like ''lets get loud'' The crowd in response will become noisier and it help draw a fall start. Alternately if you push it while on offense at home the qb will motion for the crowd to be quiet

Do you know the button? If not I will search the manual for it.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:04 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Maaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn I thought I was the only one who missed this feature, it was really cool!!!!
Old 06-17-2004, 11:53 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:

e0820 said:
Quote:

vinny said:
Quote:

e0820 said:
Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
Hey NFL2kers!!

Does anybody know (that have attended E3 or knew somebody there) if we will get our 'Pump Up The Crowd' feature back this year for 2k5? I hope so because I really miss it. It gave me the sense that I had some sort of a connection with my home crowd.

What is the Pump Up The Crowd feature?

When you play a home game you push a button before the play starts and your player will lift their arms and say something like ''lets get loud'' The crowd in response will become noisier and it help draw a fall start. Alternately if you push it while on offense at home the qb will motion for the crowd to be quiet

Do you know the button? If not I will search the manual for it.

I believe it was the x button on the dreamcast

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »