Home

Custom Soundtracks in ESPN

This is a discussion on Custom Soundtracks in ESPN within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2004, 02:45 PM   #9
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Custom Soundtracks in ESPN

I'm glad I have the MNF theme and Fox Theme music, it's perfect for the menus when I play Madden.

I just have to make sure I don't delete since it's in a random pile of music.

If you have an old Xbox that doesn't play ripped music, I suggest you upgrade.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:17 PM   #10
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

the_future420 said:
Quote:

Anaxamander said:
Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
Hey Future!

**WARNING** DO NOT purchase a used Xbox when you do buy one. I am one of the unfortunate few to have bought the Xbox when it made its debut. The original ones, like mine, do not have the ability to RIP home-made audio files. Only store-bought CDs work. That goes for MP3s, WAV files, Audio Files, CD-Rs, CD-RWs and even DVD-Rs. Only store-bought CDs. It bums me out too because I was planning on having the MNF theme play on my Monday Night games too. I can only find that theme as a WAV file. I am actually thinking about selling it on ebay, getting what I can for it, then come up with the other $90 or $100 to just buy a brand new one.

Does your Xbox have a Thompson drive? And have you tried it with CDRWs where you finalized the disc?

Damn man, thanks for the heads up! I was just about to go and purchase my xbox TODAY but decided to look at this post first for some reason . Okay, since the first generation XBOX's dont support any audio but store-bought, how do I determine if the XBOX I am gonna buy will? I can't really afford to buy a new XBOX, because that extra $50.00 would help me buy a Controller S (which I heard is much better than the stock XBOX controller) and it would give me the dough to get ESPN. Is there like certain serial number on it for each different model of XBOX?

The new Xboxes come with the S Controller.

And you can't tell the DVD drive from the serial number. My best advice is to find someone with a Samsung or Phillips and look at the manufacture date, then buy one with the same date. I'd give you my manufacture date, but I'm at work right now.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:22 PM   #11
dvs
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just ask the kid behind the desk about the drives for the x-box. Ask for the samsung drive.here's a pic to help you out http://www.modchipfinland.com/kirjoitus.php?id=16 Print the page and take it with you. The samsung drive is the best it works with my cd-rw's[already have 120 custom tracks, commercials and everything. Got mine today,[had a thompson drive.It died on me 2 months ago wouldn't load any burned cd's. The guy said the samsung drives were shipped between jan-early april. So if they know their stuff you can get one
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2004, 05:00 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

Anaxamander said: Does your Xbox have a Thompson drive? And have you tried it with CDRWs where you finalized the disc?

I do not know if it is a Thompson drive. Interesting about the finalized CD-RW disk. I read on these forums that you had to make sure NOT to finalize the CD-RW disk because it would not work if you did. You are saying the exact opposite. I will give it a try and burn another one tonight. I have a strong feeling it is not going to work either.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:12 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 17

Thanks alot for the heads up guys. When I go to buy my XBOX, Im gonna make sure to get one with the Samsung drive. The guy at my local gamestop is cool and im sure he'd help me out.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:12 AM   #14
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
Quote:

Anaxamander said: Does your Xbox have a Thompson drive? And have you tried it with CDRWs where you finalized the disc?

I do not know if it is a Thompson drive. Interesting about the finalized CD-RW disk. I read on these forums that you had to make sure NOT to finalize the CD-RW disk because it would not work if you did. You are saying the exact opposite. I will give it a try and burn another one tonight. I have a strong feeling it is not going to work either.

I only know it works for me when I do finalize the disc. Also, you have to burn the tracks as music, not data. I've written a mini-FAQ on the subject so let me know if you want it and I'll email it to you.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:20 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Why do people always say this? I have a Thompson and I can rip my songs to my hard drive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2004, 01:16 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 17

So is the verdict the the Samsung drive is still the best drive if trying to get an XBOX? Or does it really not matter as much as people make it seem??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »