Home

Custom Soundtracks in ESPN

This is a discussion on Custom Soundtracks in ESPN within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2004, 09:56 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Custom Soundtracks in ESPN

Alright guys, im pretty much set on getting an XBOX just for this game. But Im wondering how the exactly the custom soundtracks work. How do we get the MP3 files off our computers and onto the game? And once on the game, where will be able to use them? Ive seen the screenshot where you can select which tracks play (after TD, sack, 1st down etc..) but can we put them in during menus, and possibly leading into the game? I'd love to use the Monday Night music for any monday night games, and Id like to have the NFL on FOX theme music as well possibly during menus or something. Was this custom soundtrack thing in ESPN last year for XBOX? If so, how did it work. Thanks a bunch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2004, 10:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Custom Soundtracks in ESPN

Quote:

the_future420 said:
Alright guys, im pretty much set on getting an XBOX just for this game. But Im wondering how the exactly the custom soundtracks work. How do we get the MP3 files off our computers and onto the game? And once on the game, where will be able to use them? Ive seen the screenshot where you can select which tracks play (after TD, sack, 1st down etc..) but can we put them in during menus, and possibly leading into the game? I'd love to use the Monday Night music for any monday night games, and Id like to have the NFL on FOX theme music as well possibly during menus or something. Was this custom soundtrack thing in ESPN last year for XBOX? If so, how did it work. Thanks a bunch.

To get the files onto your xbox you will have to burn an audio cd (use CD-RW disks as most Xboxs can read them) and then rip the disk to your xbox harddrive. Or use XBox music mixer and transfer them through your network. As for what situations etc.., it is a new feature so no one knows exactly where you can use custom music.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

You can do it one of two ways:

The hard, very lengthy but cheap way:
Get a pack of CDRWs and burn your MP3s to disc in AUDIO CD Format. You can then rips those songs from the CD to your Xbox hard drive using the music section in the Xbox

The easy, not as lengthy but expensive way:
Buy Xbox Music Mixer. You have to install the software on your PC. You will also need either a crossover cable OR router so that you can connect your PC to your Xbox. Once its connected, just select the files you want put on the Xbox using the PC software and send it to your Xbox. You will then need the Xbox software for Music Mixer to receive it.

Music Mixer costs $20
Old 06-17-2004, 10:47 AM   #4
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

PreventerWind said:

Get a pack of CDRWs and burn your MP3s to disc in AUDIO CD Format. You can then rips those songs from the CD to your Xbox hard drive using the music section in the Xbox

Buy Xbox Music Mixer. You have to install the software on your PC. You will also need either a crossover cable OR router so that you can connect your PC to your Xbox. Once its connected, just select the files you want put on the Xbox using the PC software and send it to your Xbox. You will then need the Xbox software for Music Mixer to receive it.

Music Mixer costs $20

But all you need is one CDRW that you can copy and recopy over. They're not very expensive.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:46 AM   #5
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

PreventerWind said:

Music Mixer costs $20

Music Maker is very easy to use and I have never had any problems with it at all..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2004, 12:12 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 9

Hey Future!

**WARNING** DO NOT purchase a used Xbox when you do buy one. I am one of the unfortunate few to have bought the Xbox when it made its debut. The original ones, like mine, do not have the ability to RIP home-made audio files. Only store-bought CDs work. That goes for MP3s, WAV files, Audio Files, CD-Rs, CD-RWs and even DVD-Rs. Only store-bought CDs. It bums me out too because I was planning on having the MNF theme play on my Monday Night games too. I can only find that theme as a WAV file. I am actually thinking about selling it on ebay, getting what I can for it, then come up with the other $90 or $100 to just buy a brand new one.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:49 PM   #7
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
Hey Future!

**WARNING** DO NOT purchase a used Xbox when you do buy one. I am one of the unfortunate few to have bought the Xbox when it made its debut. The original ones, like mine, do not have the ability to RIP home-made audio files. Only store-bought CDs work. That goes for MP3s, WAV files, Audio Files, CD-Rs, CD-RWs and even DVD-Rs. Only store-bought CDs. It bums me out too because I was planning on having the MNF theme play on my Monday Night games too. I can only find that theme as a WAV file. I am actually thinking about selling it on ebay, getting what I can for it, then come up with the other $90 or $100 to just buy a brand new one.

Does your Xbox have a Thompson drive? And have you tried it with CDRWs where you finalized the disc?
Old 06-17-2004, 02:06 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:

Anaxamander said:
Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
Hey Future!

Does your Xbox have a Thompson drive? And have you tried it with CDRWs where you finalized the disc?

Damn man, thanks for the heads up! I was just about to go and purchase my xbox TODAY but decided to look at this post first for some reason . Okay, since the first generation XBOX's dont support any audio but store-bought, how do I determine if the XBOX I am gonna buy will? I can't really afford to buy a new XBOX, because that extra $50.00 would help me buy a Controller S (which I heard is much better than the stock XBOX controller) and it would give me the dough to get ESPN. Is there like certain serial number on it for each different model of XBOX?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »