Home

I hope VC added team tendacies

This is a discussion on I hope VC added team tendacies within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2004, 01:41 PM   #9
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: I hope VC added team tendacies

Quote:

GAMEC0CK2002 said:
I'm pretty confident that VC is gonna make sure that VIP Coaching tendencies show up on the field making each team different. The only thing that worries me is how long will the CPU stick to those tendencies. Say you have a coach that runs the ball 70% of the time....well, will the CPU stick to that if they are down 28 and it's near the end of the 3rd quarter. At some point you're gonna have to make defensive/offensive adjustments. I hope the VIP covers that as well.

Well hopefully a scenario such as that just triggers a late game catch up logic. Just as if the cpu was winning in the 4th and wasted clock. If the VIP system does indeed prove to be true and have teams playing like they're real life counterparts, this game is a must buy for me. I'm strickly single player and thats all I want in my gameplay is to look at the other side of the field and see a real coach.

But its also cool that you can save you're friends tendecies. Maybe you can make him a coach in your league. If you play a friend who passes 90% of the time and you make him a coach with a running team, you can actually see the team suffer on the field because of this. That would rock!!
Old 06-17-2004, 02:32 PM   #10
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

Graphik said:
Quote:

GAMEC0CK2002 said:
I'm pretty confident that VC is gonna make sure that VIP Coaching tendencies show up on the field making each team different. The only thing that worries me is how long will the CPU stick to those tendencies. Say you have a coach that runs the ball 70% of the time....well, will the CPU stick to that if they are down 28 and it's near the end of the 3rd quarter. At some point you're gonna have to make defensive/offensive adjustments. I hope the VIP covers that as well.

Well hopefully a scenario such as that just triggers a late game catch up logic.

Not the dreaded catch-up logic! You'll never hear the end of it in the forums.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:33 PM   #11
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

Anaxamander said:
Quote:

Graphik said:
Quote:

GAMEC0CK2002 said:

Well hopefully a scenario such as that just triggers a late game catch up logic.

LOL, I had to re-read that also as it seems like a "Madden" term. I mean that it triggers a logic that forces to cpu to attepmt for a win. Not cheat for a win as is the case with Madden.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2004, 03:48 PM   #12
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

Graphik said:
Quote:

Anaxamander said:
Quote:

Graphik said:
Quote:

GAMEC0CK2002 said:

LOL, I had to re-read that also as it seems like a "Madden" term. I mean that it triggers a logic that forces to cpu to attepmt for a win. Not cheat for a win as is the case with Madden.

Yeah, I know what you meant Graphik. It's just funny how some phrases set off mental alarms because you've heard them so much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »