Home

The post vids with Suzy Kolber...

This is a discussion on The post vids with Suzy Kolber... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2004, 02:10 PM   #1

OVR: 34
The post vids with Suzy Kolber...

I'm sorry, but they're terrible. They look like Sunday afternoon Kung-Fu Theatre movies. I love this game but this decision to include these was silly. Sure it may add to presentation, but why not wait until it's a little more polished? Focus on gameplay, then you can add the non-essentials. I'm not trying to hate, just don't think you can be too proud of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2004, 02:11 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The post vids with Suzy Kolber...

Quote:

dQbell said:
I'm sorry, but they're terrible. They look like Sunday afternoon Kung-Fu Theatre movies. I love this game but this decision to include these was silly. Sure it may add to presentation, but why not wait until it's a little more polished? Focus on gameplay, then you can add the non-essentials. I'm not trying to hate, just don't think you can be too proud of that.

Well, they have like a month and a half to 2 months left, hopefully the lip sinching will be smoothed out.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:17 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8

Yeah, I remember last year at this time, we heard the Chris Berman Halftime reports and they sounded terrible. The words were out of synch and everything. But at release, Chris Berman sounded great and proffesional. Personally, I think this is a great idea by Sega, just to add more presentation to the game. If it is bad, oh well. At least they tried something new that they could build on for years, up into the NextGen consoles.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

dQbell said:

Not to worried about the lip movement matching. Although it could be better it does not detract from the experience of actually having player interviews in a video game! I mean, come on, how sweet is that.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:23 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

dQbell said:

I disagree that they look terrible. I think they look good for a first time run. Have patience. They will get better for NFL2k6. I would rather have these scenes available to me for this year, than to have nothing until next year. I am sure Sega will allow us to skip right past them once we hit the repeat cycle of their run come October or so.

By the way, gameplay and cut-scenes are completely separate. Just because you have one, that doesn't mean that the other aspect suffered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2004, 02:30 PM   #6

OVR: 34

My concern is are they focusing on the essentials. If the running game remains the same, but we have post game vids of Kobler (that will get old very quickly), what good is that? It is obvious that Sega is trying to compete with EA, so added content is important to them. The ESPN brand is beautiful on the game, but most of my time is with gameplay.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:42 PM   #7
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

yo Dqbell, you are so far off what is truly represented, why don't you go back to your little inferior Madden, because this game is way to much for you buddy, trying to compete with EA, yeah they are, in the aspect of sales. If you played both of these games, you would understand there is a huge difference between the two, and it is an insult to all of the respectable ESPN's fan out there. You are comparing the presentation between EA and ESPN, EA wishes they could be this f*ckin innovative, but no they add a radio show, and update rosters and touch up graphics, nothing big to gameplay. Oh but ESPN re-invents itself every year, so go pre-order Madden 2005, you are not game enough for ESPN.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:50 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Maybe you want to calm down there ronny. People are allowed to mention Madden and ESPN in the same breathe here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »