Home

Gamefly: 7/22 release date

This is a discussion on Gamefly: 7/22 release date within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2004, 02:42 PM   #9
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Gamefly: 7/22 release date

End of July sounds good to me. I can't wait for this game!!
Old 06-21-2004, 02:49 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

spankdatazz22 said:
Generally, I hate early release dates for sports games like the plague - EA started a bad precedent when it started it a few years ago. But I would love to have ESPN release that early

I hated what EA started too. I want my roster to be as up-to-date as possible when the game is released. The last preseason cuts don't happen until a week before opening day so I was happy to get my 2K on opening day. That just shows you EA really was scared of 2K all these years.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:56 PM   #11
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

Man, this should and most likely will happen, and the reason is from a financial standpoint, even if they release a product that is 85-95% flawless, 3 weeks before Madden and 30 dollard less than Madden, it is a no brainer winner. NCAA will hold its own, but ESPN will rock into stores for 20 bucks and most likely anyone who craves football like I, will pick that baby up and start playing like it was my friggin job. ESPN, if you do this, it will be brilliant and not backfire, but if you release the game after Madden, like when they lowered I believe it was 2k3 to cheaper than Madden it didn't sell, the only way you will win over these fans is to release early at a lower price, and a lot less people will be picking up Madden this year and that pattern will continue until ESPN most likely will take over or until Madden re-invents itself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2004, 03:06 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hopefully, we will hear about an official release date soon from VC. They still need to issue a press statement concerning the price drop which has already taken effect for about 3 weeks now.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:17 PM   #13
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

If this is true then you're going to get a ton of sales not only becuase of the price drop but also because people will be craving football by that time. The only drawback is for people without online capabilities. They'll be forced to be playing with outdated rosters by time the season starts but that's only a minor gripe.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:18 PM   #14
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

it's a little of the topice. but if the game is being sold for $19.99 why haven't they changed the price over at ESPNVIDEOGAMES.COM, anybody have a clue.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:18 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 9

Dude, they better NOT release in July. Innacurate rosters and rushing the game may lower the quality of the game for people that dont have roster updates and such. Besides, in one of the ESPN Vids it said, "comming in August".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2004, 03:22 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

playerX said:
Dude, they better NOT release in July. Innacurate rosters and rushing the game may lower the quality of the game for people that dont have roster updates and such. Besides, in one of the ESPN Vids it said, "comming in August".

Game wont be rushed, and innacurate rosters? Umm im almost postivie the roster cutoff even for the aug 24th release is right around the corner. Plus, no NFL game ever has and I mean ever has accurate rosters. Plus they have to be pretty accurate, as Conway was on the Niners and tat was just a few weeks ago, give or take. If your online it should be no problem anyway, especially if a roster update before the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »