Home

Gamefly: 7/22 release date

This is a discussion on Gamefly: 7/22 release date within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2004, 09:33 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Gamefly: 7/22 release date

(Response to Original Post)

Man, I sure hope this is wrong. July is just too early. There are too many bugs and visual tweaks that need to be done on this game to justify a July release date. Just look at the post-game interviews with Suzy. I have seen 4 post-game videos so far and so far all of them look (for the most part) and sound exactly alike. There is time to get this fixed. I think Mid-August is just about right. This way, you are releasing the game when NFL fever is reaching a peak because of pre-season football, it is not regular season yet so gamers will be able to get their NFL fix by starting their own Franchise in the game, and, Sega is able to take advantage of the remaining two months to work out the kinks. I have always thought that August was perfect.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:39 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 4

I wouldn't be the slightest bit offended if ESPN came out around July 22. I really think that by this time all that companies are doing is preparing the instruction manuals and packaging. No serious retooling of the code is taking place. Get that thing out to us. My jones for the new football titles started during the NFL draft.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:02 AM   #59
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
Quote:

mvb34 said:
I have a question?? Why do people think EA is scared?? EA out sold them two to one last year. I know alot of you will say sell doesn't matter the quality of the game is, true but as long as EA don't see a hit in there profits they will careless when Sega releases..

Dude EA has been scared of VC since they left EA and even more so when they started making the 2K series for Sega. Think back when Madden started releasing early and you'll find EA started releasing Madden early in 1999 right before the Dreamcast dropped in the US on 9/9/1999 which BTW NFL2K was one of the launch titles.

Believe me EA is scared of ESPN NFL 2K5 and they should be. If ESPN ends up selling more copies then EA has to take off that "#1 selling pro football franchise" crap off their cover.

Old 06-22-2004, 10:35 AM   #60
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

mvb34 said:
I have a question?? Why do people think EA is scared?? EA out sold them two to one last year. I know alot of you will say sell doesn't matter the quality of the game is, true but as long as EA don't see a hit in there profits they will careless when Sega releases..

You have more of a reason to justify your question... I believe EA outsold them 10-1. Or was that with Madden and 2K3?
Old 06-22-2004, 12:13 PM   #61
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:

Blzer said:
Quote:

mvb34 said:

You have more of a reason to justify your question... I believe EA outsold them 10-1. Or was that with Madden and 2K3?

So if its 10 to 1 then EA not going to be scared this year next year if Sega/VC close the gap dramatically then EA will be worried but not for this years battle..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2004, 02:04 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

With the amount of gaming that we'll all likely compile, I'm not trying to have one season complete before the real season actually starts.

Madden usually comes out a month give or take before the NFL season and by the time the NFL season starts im usually already in season 2 or close to it

You guys think VC just thought of coming out of July out of nowhere, im sure they are almost done with the game if they want it to come out in July. If not, why dont they wait till mid NFL season and release, woudl that satisfy all of you? Rosters would be complete as well. Game should be perfect in October huh?
Old 06-22-2004, 05:20 PM   #63
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Quote:

With the amount of gaming that we'll all likely compile, I'm not trying to have one season complete before the real season actually starts.

Madden usually comes out a month give or take before the NFL season and by the time the NFL season starts im usually already in season 2 or close to it

You guys think VC just thought of coming out of July out of nowhere, im sure they are almost done with the game if they want it to come out in July. If not, why dont they wait till mid NFL season and release, woudl that satisfy all of you? Rosters would be complete as well. Game should be perfect in October huh?

Sock him Dook! Sock everybody!
Anyhoo, NFL2K2 came out (on PS2, Xbox, and the other thingy) in November, if I'm not mistaken. And it was a piece of garbage. So the release date don't mean diddly.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:38 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 4

I personally think the game was completed pretty much by E3 and the final testing is taking place now. Will they release in July? I don't know the answer to that but I do think the product is available for a late July release if Sega decides to go that route.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »