Home

Only on Operations Sports forums

This is a discussion on Only on Operations Sports forums within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2004, 08:27 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Only on Operations Sports forums

Quote:

Millennium said:
Quote:

Symtex said:
That a game will be heavily critize from a single IGN Video. I think some of you guys needs to let go of this "Perfect Football Games" obessesion. In rean life, DB do make mistake all the time. It's funny how with a 2 min video you came to the conclusion that 2k5 has a DB coverage problem. You haven't even play the game yet, but you already finding flaws. If I would listen to this board last year, I would of miss on the awesome experience I had with ESPN Last year.

the bottom line is, enjoy the video, don't draw conclusion.

Do NOT come here and start spouting off your insults to yet another board that you seem to think you are better than. People are entitled to their opinions about the game, something that you have proven you don't know by your numerous posts on other sites downgrading their posters regarding their opinions.

Just leave it alone.

Mods, please lock this. This guy is just looking to stir up something.

Just look around Millenium. Read all the post before trying to put me down. I'm stating the obvious. I do agree, People are entitle to their own opinion. Have you played 2k5 yet ? how can you say the DB in the game is flaw just by looking at 1 play from a video ?
Old 06-22-2004, 08:40 AM   #10
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

The problem here, and as in every other sport, is that everyone is becoming too jaded and expecting too much. you can blame the gaming sites, the impressions, e3, and everything else that gives you all this info before a game comes out. I personally think it will only get worse.

I am trying to stay away from videos and screenshots just because i get tired of sitting in front of a computer dissecting every little nuance of said media. I played espn at e3, and i was happy with it, so i will be picking up the game. I cannot say whether every one of you will feel the same.

I do agree with the original poster though. I think we are being way too critical of games. This was apparent in the first video released, where you had people talking about footwork, etc.

<soapbox>
If a game pisses you off, then please dont put yourself in the position of being angry, just look for another game which will not anger you. I am being very serious here. I play games to have fun, not to sit there and point at the tv doing a "where's waldo" version of flaw tracking. I understand the want to have it all working perfectly, but just try to enjoy the game. and if you arent getting any enjoyment out of it, then there are a couple of other football games that might make you less angry.

dammit i am rambling. time for morning coffee

</soapbox>
Old 06-22-2004, 08:48 AM   #11
Pro

Greenevol's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FootballForever said:
Programmed2Kill, what in the world is up with that real fruity looking dude in your avatar?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since you don't know who it is, don't worry about it

Classic. No one who hasnt seen it would understand it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2004, 09:09 AM   #12
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Symtex said:
If I would listen to this board last year, I would of miss on the awesome experience I had with ESPN Last year.

That's rather true.

The Level of anticipation and hype is even greater than it was last yr. When the game hits...best believe you'll see hundreds of threads where somebody proclaims they found some glitch or "potential gamekiller". I've noticed that there are even certain people that only surface around that time just to post about flaws and they do so for almost every new sports title release.

Then there's the assault of the gameplay paramedics claiming every flaw or glitch can be repaired via slider adjustments. Theres also those who somehow have the perfect game out of the box...guys who, while most everybody else experiences some type of glitch, say they've Never seen any of that in their game before.

I won't even get into the "Suicide Hotline" threads where some guy makes a thread asking everybody on the board to convince him NOT to take the game back. Those always crack me up. Then theres the opposite...the guy who wants everybody to sell him on the game...give him a list of reasons why he SHOULD buy it or choose IT over the competing titles for that sport.

I find This stuff amusing but it happens with every new sports game release...especially if the expectations are high and theres alot of hype. I wouldn't expect anything different when espnfl ships.

The thing you have to do is just enjoy the game for yourself or decide if its the game for YOU...regardless of what you read on forums. Basically make up your own mind if the game is the right one for you or not. Don't let somebodyelse's opinion shape yours.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:12 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 18

so f'm true
Old 06-22-2004, 09:14 AM   #14
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

This stuff amuses you??

it drives me crazy. You can probably find a list of posts from each gaming year and you will see the exact same posts except they become more frequent.

one video should not determine the quality of a game. Get a bigger sample size to base your decision on. Look at all the videos, stop listening to others on what they like and dont like, and focus on what you like and dont like.

i can only imagine on the next generation of consoles. A press release for a game is posted and it will be shot up to pieces before day one is out.

Old 06-22-2004, 09:21 AM   #15
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Bacardi151 said:
This stuff amuses you??

it drives me crazy. You can probably find a list of posts from each gaming year and you will see the exact same posts except they become more frequent.

Well i can understand where you're comin from as an admin/modertator, Bacardi. I dunno, its all just funny to me for some reason.

Quote:

Bacardi151 said:
one video should not determine the quality of a game. Get a bigger sample size to base your decision on. Look at all the videos, stop listening to others on what they like and dont like, and focus on what you like and dont like.

exactly.

Quote:

Bacardi151 said:
i can only imagine on the next generation of consoles. A press release for a game is posted and it will be shot up to pieces before day one is out.

I thought that was happening already
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2004, 09:27 AM   #16
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Bottomline is that for every person you find on a message board that disects every nuance of a game, you'll find 10 that are just excited to play it. People just draw opinions while waiting.

When you see a preview at the movie theater, you do the same thing.

"That looks funny."

"Those Special Effects look Sweer!"

"That story is kind of far-fetched."

It's the nature of the beast. The pre-hype is a necessary evil!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »