Home

For the sake of challenging, did they tone the AI down too much?

This is a discussion on For the sake of challenging, did they tone the AI down too much? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2004, 02:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
For the sake of challenging, did they tone the AI down too much?

Let me explain, in a real game, if a player's whole foot is out of bounds he will be called out everytime. In ESPN, for the sake of you being able to challenge, they sometimes let the play keep going when the player's whole foot is out, sometimes when the player's foot is out for 2 or 3 consecutive steps. I saw a video for this year's game where T.O.'s whole foot was out and they let the play go, so it's still in there. They should have it so they get called out EVERYTIME when the whole foot is out and have a higher and higher probability the the more his foot is in bounds. This is a minor gripe but something I noticed that will maybe be addressed still this year, if not next.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2004, 03:05 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: For the sake of challenging, did they tone the AI down too much?

Quote:

Slickman said:
Let me explain, in a real game, if a player's whole foot is out of bounds he will be called out everytime. In ESPN, for the sake of you being able to challenge, they sometimes let the play keep going when the player's whole foot is out, sometimes when the player's foot is out for 2 or 3 consecutive steps. I saw a video for this year's game where T.O.'s whole foot was out and they let the play go, so it's still in there. They should have it so they get called out EVERYTIME when the whole foot is out and have a higher and higher probability the the more his foot is in bounds. This is a minor gripe but something I noticed that will maybe be addressed still this year, if not next.

The only think that really annoys me is how often they get the spot of the ball wrong. I mean you either have to give up first downs that didn't really occur or use both your challenges in the first qtr.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:08 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Bondra12 said:
The only think that really annoys me is how often they get the spot of the ball wrong. I mean you either have to give up first downs that didn't really occur or use both your challenges in the first qtr.

Yeah that too, they'd be off by an entire yard! I hope they tone that down some too.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:56 PM   #4
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

I remember reading that developers for the game last year purposely had to put in the bad spots/calls in order to allow for the implementation of challenges. Now maybe they could make it so that the calls are closer, but in reality is there any reason for the cpu to make an incorrect call anyway? The CPU knows when you are out of bounds, short of yardage,etc. In essence to allow challenges in videogames, the cpu purposely has to screw up these things. It's a neccessary evil for the feature.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:22 PM   #5
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

this is true and i wouldn't complain about the sideline thing. after all our view of the game is much farther than what they are seeing when they make the challenge.

the problem with the system is the calls made. if the bulk of the calls were on caught vs trapped passes, fumbles vs the knee being down and caught inbounds then i have no problem with them factoring in bad calls by the refs. the bulk of the calls now are on ball spots which rarely get challenged in the nfl.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »