Home

Presentation Q & A is up!

This is a discussion on Presentation Q & A is up! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2004, 12:44 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Presentation Q & A is up!

I think at some point you have to remember that all this sports center fluff is extraneous. It will certainly enhance the game experience, but I want a title that plays a good game of football. Anything else is totally extra to me-- and at 19.99 all extras are more than welcome.

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
Quote:

TheBandit said:Dude, CTF out...

Why? This was important to me and I did not get it for the 6th year in a row. At some point, you get tired of getting disappointed and you want to just vent. That's all. Lord knows when I see something I like, I address that too.

Old 06-25-2004, 12:49 PM   #34
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Does anyone know if you get fired if you can pick up with another team, or can you fire you coach in franchise mode and great a new coach or pick another form a list?
Old 06-25-2004, 12:50 PM   #35
*n H**t*s..R*b**ld*ng..

SLAYER's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

xxzone said:
What do you suppose this means? They have predetermined sleepers that rating jumps significantly?

He talks about predetermined sleepers?!!!!

Uh, the 2K series has had a system of pre-determined player progression for a while now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2004, 12:53 PM   #36
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Well I guess I'm too easy to please because everything AS A WHOLE has me wanting this game yesterday. Good job VC
Old 06-25-2004, 01:00 PM   #37
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

I want this game more then any game that EVER came out.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:21 PM   #38
Pem
Rookie

Pem's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
Thanks for the post slick.

Responses

After reading this Q&A I am now MORE disappointed than before I read it. Looks like a lot of presentation elements we have been begging VC for will not make it…AGAIN!

MaddEnemy
Q: On draft day will we see the first rounders being selected and either walking on stage and holding up their new jersey or sitting at home as they watch the draft? Will we get cut scenes of them playing college ball and why ESPN thinks he will be drafted 3 "example" or SC doing a draft show before the draft and doing clips of each player and who they think will go where and highlights of them.

A: This year we have Mel Kiper, Jr. in the game. He’ll break down the blue chippers and sleepers coming out of college in the weeks preceding the NFL Draft. As you probably know, Mel Kiper is the foremost authority on college prospects. While we don’t have cutscenes of the goings-on in the Draft, you’ll definitely enjoy what we’ve done this year.

No cutscenes for the Draft. Looks like we are now in year 3 of this Franchise with the exact same look and feel. Damn.

Q: will there be a bigger super bowl presentation and celebration than last year?? will it be any different? will it be recognized more than it already was?

A: We’ve updated and improved the Super Bowl with lots of new presentation. I think it’s well worth the effort of playing through a full season. Last year it was good, and this year I think it’s quite a bit better.

Another bummer. Notice how he did not give specifics? If indeed there is LOTS of new presentation this year, why not tell us a couple of them? I bet they just added the Gatorade dump and he is relying on that animation only as being 'A LOT'.

aka_Jamal_Xavier
Q: Will there be cut scenes for things in the franchise like trades, drafts, free agent signings, resignings, retiring, making the playoffs, making cuts, training camps and the new WEEKLY PREPERATION feature? Like Live 04.
And if theres is will there be different ones for each situatuion?

A: We don’t have these this year. We instead put together a top-notch SportsCenter presentation, so that we could give fans of ESPN (and who isn’t an ESPN junkie) something they can easily relate to.

NO Draft Day Cut-scenes!?! NO Making the Playoff Cut-scenes!?! Looks like we are not getting our Playoff Atmosphere AGAIN NFL2kers!

The Great Saiyaman
Q: Is the NFL Draft room different, Or is it exactly the same?

A: It got a slight touch-up, but it’s much the same as last year. For those who don’t know, our NFL Draft is a complex 3D environment that you interact with in a nonlinear fashion - you have multiple monitors, your PDA device, and you still have the very unique "look in a direction" navigation system that makes this mode very special indeed.

The experience that bookends the NBA Draft is part of what makes the whole affair so exciting. It’s working up the prospects and breaking them down after they’ve been selected that is so exciting. And this year Mel Kiper, Jr. does that for us in great detail. After all is said and done he wraps up the Draft with a meaty Draft Review on SportsCenter.

So, instead of ADDING to the Draft Atmosphere with new cut-scenes, being able to SEE your Rookies, allowing for trades during the Draft, he decided to just search for a compliment about what is now 3 Years OLD!! This completely sucks! Looks like I will be simulating the damned Draft again. What a ****ing mess.

BoneThugged08
Q: Is there actually a playoff atmosphere or is it just the same old thing as last year?

A: We gave extra attention to Playoff atmosphere this year. As you progress through the Playoffs you’ll begin seeing unique overlays that break down player performance through each of the preceding Playoff games. But better than that, this year we treat user’s with fullscreen Division Standing and Playoff Race overlays.

An OVERLAY?!? Who cares? Since when is an overlay enough to add Playoff Atmosphere? Where the hell is the pre-Game fireworks? The fans going nuts as the players are warming up on the field? Peter and Dan commenting on what a good season they had so far and commenting throughout the game that this is a win or your season is over game? What about the National Anthem? Player introductions at the beginning of the game? Post-Game celebrations with players and coaches going crazy because they just earned the right to advance to the next level? Cut-scenes of the losing team on the verge of tears because their season is finished? ALL WE GET IS A DAMNED OVERLAY?!? This is complete crap.

shakenbakeqb8
Q: Does Suzy Kolber have a variety of questions during her interview segment? Do her questions get repetitive?

A: She has a fair amount of variety, although she mainly just sets up the player so he can talk to his adoring fans at home (there’s lots of variety in the player responses, depends on their position and disposition).

A fair amount of variety? Translation: NO. She will be a repetitive, annoying, insignificant part of the game. Maybe next year.

LukeA
Q: Will the last game of the season, or the last game of the playoffs show any different end of game scenes/celebrations? Is SportsCenter any diff on this last week/durring playoffs?

A: Yes, SportsCenter plays unique, fine-tuned content leading up and during the Playoffs and beyond.

This guy does not know how to listen to, and answer a question. LukeA asked if there is going to be end of Playoff Game celebrations. He answers with what is in essence a 'Yes-BUT'. Who CARES about Sportsceneter where Berman is just saying 'They won the game.' If indeed there were Post-Playoff Game Celebrations, he would have just said 'YES.' Period. End of story. Yes they are in there. GOD HELP ME, THE PLAYOFFS ARE GOING TO BE JUST LIKE REGULAR SEASON FOR THE 6TH ****ING YEAR IN A ROW!!!

ambrosio4
Q: Will you have the ability to "pump up" the crowd like in 2k1? In NCAA 2004, the crowd would get progressively louder if you broke a big play, will the crowd in 2k5 interact in the same manner?

A: The crowd has a life of its own, and it reacts appropriately to the happenings down on the field. You can’t manually pump up the crowd on defense like in 2K1, and I think that’s okay because as I play our game I find that I’m way too busy perfecting my coverage with the new QB Spy and dynamic DB-assignment systems we’ve added this year.

No, it is NOT 'OK' according to you. Gamers want it. We liked it when we had it and we STILL want it. How selfish is this guy to flat-out say, 'You don't need it because our crowds are perfect the way they are.' WHAT AN EGO!! I don't care how busy YOU are perfecting your damned coverage when YOU play… I WANT TO GET MY CROWD INVOLVED IN THE GAME WHEN I WANT TO!!

NFL2kers…prepare for the biggest Playoff Atmosphere disappointment to date. What a shame.

I dare you not to buy it.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:12 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey Pem, What is wrong with you, What other game even has cut scenes, Replays of all the player all the other good stuff, You chould be happy there is even a superbowl celebration. I will take new stuff over, why the havn't fixed pump up the crowd. come on IF this was the other game Pump up the crowd would be one of the Main new stuff. it would have taken 3 more years to get the 200 cut scenes we have now. Actually there is a football game that is adding pump up the crowd as it MAIN new feature, Your complaing about updates when VC is trying to evolve in to a better game. If you want update go to the other board. this are some of the dumbest complaints yet, No playoff feeling, they did say little one liner last your about how the regular is over, what more do you want and do you even watch the playoff in real life. It is more exciting for the fans of the repective teams but I dont recall them doing much more even on tv broadcast other more stat overlays. what do you interviews with all 53 plays stories about how the guys ingrown toe nail from 3 years ago has recovered. If so stop playing football games, and go watch football on tv.

Do you buy Dvds and complain about the extra features?
Old 06-25-2004, 02:13 PM   #40
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

harpdogg said:
Hey Pem, What is wrong with you, What other game even has cut scenes, Replays of all the player all the other good stuff, You chould be happy there is even a superbowl celebration. I will take new stuff over, why the havn't fixed pump up the crowd. come on IF this was the other game Pump up the crowd would be one of the Main new stuff. it would have taken 3 more years to get the 200 cut scenes we have now. Actually there is a football game that is adding pump up the crowd as it MAIN new feature, Your complaing about updates when VC is trying to evolve in to a better game. If you want update go to the other board. this are some of the dumbest complaints yet, No playoff feeling, they did say little one liner last your about how the regular is over, what more do you want and do you even watch the playoff in real life. It is more exciting for the fans of the repective teams but I dont recall them doing much more even on tv broadcast other more stat overlays. what do you interviews with all 53 plays stories about how the guys ingrown toe nail from 3 years ago has recovered. If so stop playing football games, and go watch football on tv.

Do you buy Dvds and complain about the extra features?

That was Dark_Lord_Vader, not Pem, Pem dared him not to buy the game...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »