OVR: 2
Re: PS2 HDD

Quote:

kirkangil said:
Quote:

m12x13adass said:
Quote:

kirkangil said:
Ive heard that there are other hard drives that you can use in place of the sony one that are cheaper. Anybody know of any?

Can you experiment this idea and then come back with the results?

Is there or are there not maybe i misread. I was reading about an hd loader or something. Somebody always trying to be a clown.

If I knew..I wouldn't have asked you to experient with it. And I don't think sony is dumb enough to make it compatible with an ordinary harddrive...maybe there's a way around it but I haven't heard any exploits yet.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:31 AM   #10
Rookie

Rekkapryde's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
if you buy the HDD, you may as well pay 50 bucks more for an xbox.

It's not just 50 bucks extra....

XBOX - 150 bucks
Extra Controller - 30 bucks
XBOX Live - 70 bucks

TOTAL: 250 bucks (it's not that simple man...). I'd just get the Hard drive if you already have a PS2 and save 150 bucks.

I'd rather keep my PS2, I'm not buying a system for one game, esp with MGS3, GTA: SA, FF12, and other games coming out. I bought my PS2 at lauch b/c I knew that Sony would have the GAMES. GAMES make the system, not the other way around. Didn't we learn that from the Saturn, Dreamcast, Turbographx 16, 3DO, etc.

Now when the next gen systems come out, I'll probably stick to that formula. If the XBox2 comes out next year, then the PS3 should DEFINITELY be more powerful (as in the case with the Xbox and PS2). Of course the newer systems are more powerful than the previous ones.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:21 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

I'd rather keep my PS2, I'm not buying a system for one game, esp with MGS3, GTA: SA, FF12, and other games coming out.

You wouldn't be buying a system for one game, you'd be buying BECAUSE OF one game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2004, 10:40 AM   #12
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:

True....True
Old 06-25-2004, 10:43 AM   #13
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

Rekkapryde said:
Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:

It's not just 50 bucks extra....

XBOX - 150 bucks
Extra Controller - 30 bucks
XBOX Live - 70 bucks

TOTAL: 250 bucks (it's not that simple man...). I'd just get the Hard drive if you already have a PS2 and save 150 bucks.

I'd rather keep my PS2, I'm not buying a system for one game, esp with MGS3, GTA: SA, FF12, and other games coming out. I bought my PS2 at lauch b/c I knew that Sony would have the GAMES. GAMES make the system, not the other way around. Didn't we learn that from the Saturn, Dreamcast, Turbographx 16, 3DO, etc.

Now when the next gen systems come out, I'll probably stick to that formula. If the XBox2 comes out next year, then the PS3 should DEFINITELY be more powerful (as in the case with the Xbox and PS2). Of course the newer systems are more powerful than the previous ones.

Uh it IS that simple.
Who said anything about needing LIVE or an extra controller?
We are talking about a system only. Hard drive with FF or and XBOX for 50.00 more. That was the question....And an easy one at that IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »