Home

Post on G4 boards pumping ESPN

This is a discussion on Post on G4 boards pumping ESPN within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2004, 06:59 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Post on G4 boards pumping ESPN

While I have indeed resigned from G4TechTV, i'm consulting on the sports programming. Monday I will go through the game in All Pro to check on the running game, kicking, passing etc.

The playbook comment is only in reference to the plays for doubling a position. Double X, Double Z, Double TE, Double Slot. Those seem to be pretty basic plays to be able to call. Im looking for someone to tell me they are in there.

I do think the play variety is nice although I wouldn't agree that they are MUCH better than madden.

The floating pass, yes it is when a lob pass is thrown but it doesn't look natural, you know what i'm talking about, it's the same floater that's been in there previously.

The QB Swivel is also annoying, again the same thing as in previous versions. The QB doesn't strafe, but swivels.

The game is just plain fun though and that's what has all of us at G4 so stoked.

Picking off tipped passes and wayward ones have been kind of easy with the black button. Again, still on Pro, I promise to spend more time with it on All Pro, Monday.

If you have specific questions I will do my best to get them answered.

We're supposed to get NCAA and Madden this coming week so hopefully I can compare.

As far as being a fanboy, i have played madden mostly over the past 2 years, but before that was diehard 2K fan on the dreamcast.

Nice community here, looking forward to reading others opinions as the games come out.
Old 06-26-2004, 07:14 PM   #34
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

whats allgames? is that a new gaming network or what?
Old 06-26-2004, 07:34 PM   #35
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

allgames said:

The playbook comment is only in reference to the plays for doubling a position. Double X, Double Z, Double TE, Double Slot. Those seem to be pretty basic plays to be able to call. Im looking for someone to tell me they are in there.

Umm, you can double receivers manually through Gameplan in 2K4, so I wouldn't imagine why they would take it out in 2K5. Doubling receivers isn't really a play anyway(i think), it's more of an adjustment. Normally in the NFL from what I've seen, teams double receivers plays at a time depending on the coverage behind the players double teaming the receiver. VC said you would be able to double receivers at the line manually in 2K5(like in manuall) so I'm not sure about that. Hope that helps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2004, 08:19 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 7

As a long time member of these forums I can vouch for the fact allgames really is Scot.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:29 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

Now wait a second, who said I was wrong? and it's SCOT not scott, so get it right, i was spelling it just fine, you're the one that should spell check. :P
Old 06-26-2004, 08:31 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 7

Oh and Raven there has kicked his and my [censored] at Madden MANY times. (note madden isn't my game of choice though)
Old 06-27-2004, 03:53 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Scot,I hope that when you review Madden that your scores for the game are also judged by the minor improvements that the game has changed from one year to the next.I bring this up because ESPN baseballs review scores went from 9's in WS 2k4 to 7's in 2k5 due to reviewers saying that the game played to much like the year before and that there was not enough improvements.I think the reviewer that has the biggest balls will give Madden it's true score and not just hand madden 9's if not deserved.I believe if both games get there true review scores this could be a giant year for ESPN2K5.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:44 AM   #40
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

TheBandit said:
The announcers never have and still don't sound like the guys I hear on ESPN Sunday Night Football, that's who should be doing the play by play and commentary. Im sick of the 2K announcers.

I agree. College Hoops is a prime example of how ESPN videogame announcing should sound.

Mike Patrick + Jay Bilas = awesome!

They get repetitive as does any commentary but they sound so professional and in tune with what's happening on the court that you never really care if they're saying the same things. Mike Patrick is just awesome. He shows great emotion that goes with the flow of the game while Jay Bilas gives very insightful analysis as a color commentator...really breaks down whats happening on the court instead of always cracking wiseass jokes all the dam time like Peter in nfl2k.

2k6 = Dan & Peter + McGuire,Patrick & Theisman for Sunda Night Games...at LEAST

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »