Home

ESPN/Madden Challenge?

This is a discussion on ESPN/Madden Challenge? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2004, 02:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
ESPN/Madden Challenge?

What would everyone think about VC/Sega/Take Two doing a "Take the ESPN 2k5 challenge" of sorts? Kinda like Pepsi vs. Coke. Or do you think its still to the point where the majority of Madden players might still be too close minded? I dont think there was enough off the net exposre last year. This may be just what the doctor ordered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2004, 03:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: ESPN/Madden Challenge?

Why???

I like them both for different reasons...

Why must you try and convince people to buy this game...can't we just buy what we want?
Old 06-25-2004, 04:27 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:

MoL2k said:
Why???

Why must you try and convince people to buy this game...can't we just buy what we want?

You are obviously missing the point entirely. Its not about YOU and if YOU are buying what YOU want to play, its just about opening peoples eyes who dont feel the same as you to a product that needs and deserves more recogniton than it has been getting!

(never go into marketing)
Old 06-25-2004, 04:31 PM   #4
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

2kMatrtixevolved said:
Quote:

MoL2k said:
Why???

You are obviously missing the point entirely. Its not about YOU and if YOU are buying what YOU want to play, its just about opening peoples eyes who dont feel the same as you to a product that needs and deserves more recogniton than it has been getting recognition!

(never go into marketing)

people always think it is about themselves, its a consumer mind set, and we know this, and that would be a good idea, I mean we got Take two now and maybe Coca Cola also.
Old 06-25-2004, 07:37 PM   #5
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

2kMatrtixevolved said:
What would everyone think about VC/Sega/Take Two doing a "Take the ESPN 2k5 challenge" of sorts? Kinda like Pepsi vs. Coke. Or do you think its still to the point where the majority of Madden players might still be too close minded? I dont think there was enough off the net exposre last year. This may be just what the doctor ordered.

When Pepsi pulled this in the '80s, it prompted Coke to introduce New Coke, and we all know how that turned out. Perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea for Sega.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2004, 07:51 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

The New Coke ad campaign was a brilliant move by Coca Cola.

1. Coca Cola new that new coke would fail and would illicit calls for the return of the original.
Pepsi was hitting the ad campaing hard and was taking market shares from coke. Coke created
New Coke in the hopes that people would clamor for the original formula. Indeed it created
a frenzy.

2. Coca Cola also used the intermin period to switch sweetening agents. The new sweetening agent
I believe is corn syrup and is cheaper than what they had used in Original Coke.

3. The coke that we have now is not the same formula pre New Coke. Coke created a frenzy for their product by taking it away from the public and then made it more profitable by switching
sweeteners in the interim period.

Now with all that said, some people still think that Coke stumbled upon this accidently. While others including myself believe that they did intentionally. Whatever you believe, it will go down as one of the top three marketing ploys in history.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:32 PM   #7
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

2012 said:
The New Coke ad campaign was a brilliant move by Coca Cola.

1. Coca Cola new that new coke would fail and would illicit calls for the return of the original.
Pepsi was hitting the ad campaing hard and was taking market shares from coke. Coke created
New Coke in the hopes that people would clamor for the original formula. Indeed it created
a frenzy.

2. Coca Cola also used the intermin period to switch sweetening agents. The new sweetening agent
I believe is corn syrup and is cheaper than what they had used in Original Coke.

3. The coke that we have now is not the same formula pre New Coke. Coke created a frenzy for their product by taking it away from the public and then made it more profitable by switching
sweeteners in the interim period.

Now with all that said, some people still think that Coke stumbled upon this accidently. While others including myself believe that they did intentionally. Whatever you believe, it will go down as one of the top three marketing ploys in history.

The thing is, though, Coke had switched from cane sugar to corn syrup BEFORE they introduced New Coke. They made the switch in 1980. New Coke debuted in 1985. It may look like genius in hindsight, but it really was one of those happy accidents that Classic Coke rebounded with such a fervor.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:27 PM   #8
Rookie

It wouldn't exactly work since people would easily know which is which. The point of the Pepsi Challenge was that they didn't know what they were drinking beforehand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »