Home

Favorite new features

This is a discussion on Favorite new features within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2004, 02:16 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Favorite new features

I'm looking forward to everything that everyone has mentioned already. But I'd add the new things (whatever they are) that they've added to FPM, more cutscenes, the incredible looking halftime show, and even the GameCast thing.

I can't believe more people aren't impressed by the fact that it looks like we will actually be able to review replays, from the GameCast, for the whole game. That's really impressive, IMO.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:06 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 9

I would have to say the increase in cut-scenes. Second place would be custom stadium music. Third would be the sideline interviews with Suzy, however, I think it will get repetitive very fast. It is a nice first-year effort though, and I am sure it will be VERY cool for NFL2k6.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:19 AM   #11
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

vinny said:
Improved Franchise mode. Cut scenes. Gameplay. Maybe rookies reports if they don't look like that white guy with painted on black

I agree with him, but I mean, dude, this is just a great thing with the faces, so they look a bit funny, its better than no face at all dude!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2004, 11:43 AM   #12
Pro

Greenevol's Arena

OVR: 7

improved franchise.

IMHO, the only thing madden has had on ESPN was the frachise.

If ESPN's franchise mode lives up to the hype, it will be madden heading back to hte store when its time to trade for NHL.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:08 PM   #13
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Id have to say everything they've added Im looking forward to. The graphics/cutscenes have to be my favorite though. I cant wait to see how good the game looks on my tv. Also cant wait to try the Franchise. Im little disappointed you cant edit players during your Franchise thoough.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:13 PM   #14
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Custom stadium music and VIP
Old 06-28-2004, 01:02 PM   #15
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Number one: GAMECAST. It's awesome that we'll be able to simulate the first half and play the second. It really helps out guys like me who LOVE this game but don't always have enough time to play a full game.

Number two: VIP. Not only will every NFL coach be represented, making each game a unique challenge, but you can play against your own VIP, AND download them over the net. I'll have to wait to see how well this works out, but if this is as good as advertised, it add a completely new dimension to sports gaming. This is one of those things I think we're going to look back at and say VC was way ahead of its time.

Number three: custom music. It's always great to be able to directly affect atmosphere. Everyone playing this game on Xbox with custom tracks will have a slightly different experience, which is very cool.

Number four: First person football. No one's really talking about the improvements to FPF, but from what I gather they've made two improvements that will lead to me actually USING it this year. One, we can lock on to players instead of always defaulting to MLB. Two, we can switch from 3rd person to FPF on the fly with just a click of a button instead of having to play an entire game from FPF. For me, this is huge, because I love to kick FGs and run from FPF, but I like passing from 3rd person. A very underrated improvement IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2004, 01:04 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

My favorite new feature, although not confirmed yet: A toned down Charlie Gardner!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »