Home

2K5 movie that has me worried...

This is a discussion on 2K5 movie that has me worried... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2004, 08:24 AM   #9
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2K5 movie that has me worried...

Quote:

dQbell said:
Quote:

luckym said:
Quote:

maxpower430 said:
while that does look very fake(the play in general, not the vid), i'd bet thats a pretty early build, since TO and Garcia are still w/the 49ers.

It MAY be an early build, but NOT for the reasons you mention. Remember, the 49ers have a game or two that are in the 25 yr anniversery "classic" list of past games, greatest games on ESPN I guess, and you the consumer get to relive them in ESPN2k5, which is what this video is.

Guys, they do do not build this from the ground up year after year. This is not "an early build." The creators of this game build on what has been in the past. The only thing they may change is the graphics engine that runs it. What most likely happened there is the game was being played on rookie. This vid was posted early last week. What bothers me is the idiots that are supposedly the hardcore gamers playing like that and then putting a video of it on their site (IGN). They're also the ones who review the game, so that tells you how much credibility they have.

Tell me about it. I hate to keep harping on this, but those IGN guys play ESPN like morons. They'll drop back 15 yards from shotgun. SHOTGUN, for chrissakes. It's like they don't even watch their receivers. They just wing it and hope for the catch. That Garcia to T.O. catch had me worried too. Hopefully it's like the other guy said and they're playing on rookie.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:19 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Anaxamander said:
Quote:

dQbell said:
Quote:

luckym said:
Quote:

maxpower430 said:
while that does look very fake(the play in general, not the vid), i'd bet thats a pretty early build, since TO and Garcia are still w/the 49ers.

It MAY be an early build, but NOT for the reasons you mention. Remember, the 49ers have a game or two that are in the 25 yr anniversery "classic" list of past games, greatest games on ESPN I guess, and you the consumer get to relive them in ESPN2k5, which is what this video is.

Guys, they do do not build this from the ground up year after year. This is not "an early build." The creators of this game build on what has been in the past. The only thing they may change is the graphics engine that runs it. What most likely happened there is the game was being played on rookie. This vid was posted early last week. What bothers me is the idiots that are supposedly the hardcore gamers playing like that and then putting a video of it on their site (IGN). They're also the ones who review the game, so that tells you how much credibility they have.

Tell me about it. I hate to keep harping on this, but those IGN guys play ESPN like morons. They'll drop back 15 yards from shotgun. SHOTGUN, for chrissakes. It's like they don't even watch their receivers. They just wing it and hope for the catch. That Garcia to T.O. catch had me worried too. Hopefully it's like the other guy said and they're playing on rookie.

Also if its one of the historic games like someone mentioned; doesn't the historic winner get a ratings boost in order to replecate the result?
Old 06-29-2004, 09:29 AM   #11
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

BigBadB said:
Quote:

Anaxamander said:
Quote:

dQbell said:
Quote:

luckym said:
Quote:

maxpower430 said:

Also if its one of the historic games like someone mentioned; doesn't the historic winner get a ratings boost in order to replecate the result?

Should a rating boost translate into superman football ala Jeff Garcia's throw to Owens?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2004, 09:37 AM   #12
Rookie

I'm not sure Klue. Its according to what the boost is and what level its being played on I would think. I think the bottom line is that the 25th anniversary mode is more geared toward casual gaming and designed to be more entertainment than simulation.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:49 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:

BigBadB said:

Yep. The purpose of the 25th Anniversary games is to recreate history as it happened, and since alot of those games entail a huge comeback, they've increased the attributes of the teams that are supposed to win, and decreased the attributes of the teams that are supposed to lose.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:59 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

sorry if this vid was posted before...i'm "new" here...sorta
Old 06-29-2004, 01:41 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm not too worried about that video for the reasons already mentioned, plus the fact that Owens was standing still. Its not like Garcia had to hit a moving target.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2004, 09:10 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

What gets me...is if this was a Madden video that showed this...You guys we be all over it saying how much Madden sucks....

THERE WILL NEVER BE A PERFECT FOOTBALL GAME ON THIS GENERATION OF CONSOLES.....

so don't get your hopes up

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »