Home

New pics on ESPN

This is a discussion on New pics on ESPN within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2004, 05:41 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: New pics on ESPN

Did anybody notice that after going through all of that crap, his team got WORSE in most of his ratings! What a joke!

I don't think this will be a very useful feature until next year when you actually have to perform 'mini-games' within the game to achieve certain tasks. Like running a player through an obstacle course, or foot-racing with other players. And, of course, be able to SEE all these things that you are doing to supposedly improve your team from week to week. Not just a line list with checkboxes.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:04 PM   #18
Rookie

tinman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:

Did anybody notice that after going through all of that crap, his team got WORSE in most of his ratings! What a joke!

I don't think this will be a very useful feature until next year when you actually have to perform 'mini-games' within the game to achieve certain tasks. Like running a player through an obstacle course, or foot-racing with other players. And, of course, be able to SEE all these things that you are doing to supposedly improve your team from week to week. Not just a line list with checkboxes.

I think you're looking at the graph wrong. The red shows the gains in ability. Nobody went down in ability but not every position saw gains. His running backs progressed like he said they would.

Still, there were some oddities...His o-line jumped in ability after removing the gym time from the previous week. He focused on his d-line yet they didn't get any better. He said in the video that focus was off so that was where he concentrated this week and it went down while morale, whcih he didn't concentrate on, went up. This is a little concerning as the weekly prep feature is probably one of the features I'm looking forward to the most. It would be one thing if the video was coming from ign or something and we could fall back on the "the guys playing the game don't know what they're doing" excuse but this video is coming straight from ESPN. Strange for them to showcase a feature that isn't actually working correctly when you really look at it.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:07 PM   #19
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

tinman said:
Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:

I think you're looking at the graph wrong. The red shows the gains in ability. Nobody went down in ability but not every position saw gains. His running backs progressed like he said they would.

Still, there were some oddities...His o-line jumped in ability after removing the gym time from the previous week. He focused on his d-line yet they didn't get any better. He said in the video that focus was off so that was where he concentrated this week and it went down while morale, whcih he didn't concentrate on, went up. This is a little concerning as the weekly prep feature is probably one of the features I'm looking forward to the most. It would be one thing if the video was coming from ign or something and we could fall back on the "the guys playing the game don't know what they're doing" excuse but this video is coming straight from ESPN. Strange for them to showcase a feature that isn't actually working correctly when you really look at it.

His post was mostly sarcasm.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:10 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:

If you focus on the wrong things for the week, your team will get worse just like in real life. I can't wait for this feature. Let the chess match begin!
Old 06-29-2004, 06:11 PM   #21
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

Bondra12 said:
Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:

If you focus on the wrong things for the week, your team will get worse just like in real life. I can't wait for this feature. Let the chess match begin!

Again, his post was mostly sarcasm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2004, 06:17 PM   #22
Rookie

tinman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

giggas2 said:

Sarcasm or not, watch the video carefully... his team doesn't change the way the narrator says they will... with focus, the exact opposite of what he sets out to do occurs. He concentrates on improving his d-line and they don't get any better. He pays no attention to his o-line and they see the biggest gains.

Regardless of whether he was being sarcastic, the feature, in that video, doesn't work as advertised and if that's in the final build, it will render that entire feature obsolete... not good when that is one of the main features ESPN is promoting.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:23 PM   #23
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

tinman said:
Quote:

giggas2 said:

Sarcasm or not, watch the video carefully... his team doesn't change the way the narrator says they will... with focus, the exact opposite of what he sets out to do occurs. He concentrates on improving his d-line and they don't get any better. He pays no attention to his o-line and they see the biggest gains.

Regardless of whether he was being sarcastic, the feature, in that video, doesn't work as advertised and if that's in the final build, it will render that entire feature obsolete... not good when that is one of the main features ESPN is promoting.

Until we know all of the in's and out's of the weekly prep feature, i wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions. Wouldn't it suck if you could automatically give rating boost to the exact ratings you wanted to receive the boost everytime? That would be too easy IMO!
Old 06-29-2004, 07:50 PM   #24
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

Klue516 said:
Quote:

tinman said:
Quote:

giggas2 said:

Until we know all of the in's and out's of the weekly prep feature, i wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions. Wouldn't it suck if you could automatically give rating boost to the exact ratings you wanted to receive the boost everytime? That would be too easy IMO!

Training should work but it should not be automatic. I agree with you it should be harder than just ok do this and do this and boom ratings increase. People will never learn that until you play the game its really just a guess on your part.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »