Home

Sega needs to do something about the 20.00 price tag!!

This is a discussion on Sega needs to do something about the 20.00 price tag!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2004, 03:35 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Sega needs to do something about the 20.00 price tag!!

People need to stop trippin (worrying) about the $20 price tag. VC/Take2 are going against an established franchise that many of us has helped to establish. The folks at VC/Take2 have advertisement to go along with the low price to help people who don't have internet access.

I can't wait to see how they use 2K5 on ESPN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2004, 03:43 PM   #42
Rookie

jaywv30's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

dano said:
Quote:

bigtiggalsu said:
Quote:

petersondagreat said:
I think this would be perfect

We Know our game is kind of weak but hey its only 20.00

That would be false advertising. Since the game is far from weak.

But why would Sega sell this game cheap if it is such a great product? I don't see any BMWs, Porshes or Jaguars cheaper. Usually, superior products will sell no matter the price. are they doing it only for 2005 to catch up in sales? what is the point to lose 30 bucks per disk per year. something is fishy.

More people are likely to buy the game at 20 dollars than at 50. Say only 10 die hard Sega fans bought the game because of the price at a local Gamestop the first day. That would be 500 bucks. Now if the game was $20, you might get those 10 die hard fans...10 or so fans from other football series(Madden) picking it up as well as they're series...maybe 10 or 15 causal football game fans who think it's a very reasonable price...and maybe 10 other people buying a bargain game that would make a great gift for someone. That's at least 800 bucks right there.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:54 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 10

Sure BMW's, Porsches, and Jaguars are established products that people know about. If a new Luxury car company was to come on the seen and was trying to unseat one of the top brands, they would either price is lower to get people to try out there product and make there own decision, or they would price it much higher to make people think this must be a better product, I have to have one.

If I had a lot of money and walked into a car dealership and saw a $40,000 BMW and another luxury car priced at $120,000, I wouldn't necessarily buy it, but it would definetly spark my interest.

As for video games, I think it is a much better idea to get as many hands on this game as they possible can to get the word out that it is a great game (as long at it is) Sega would be in trouble if they put out a way inferior product for $20, then they would just be know as cheap. It is a risk, but one that they really need to take if they ever want to get on the same plane with EA and Madden.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:02 PM   #44
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Look I'm not saying that this game is cheap in any way..Nor do I think VC slacked on this game..But there are alot of people that don't really go on the internet so they get madden cause it's pretty much the standard name...Sega needs To promote this game in a way that the general public can hear about the 20.00 game...I know I am getting this series from now on!!! Since 2k on the DC I was hooked.... OH YEAH TIMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TIMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAYyyy
Old 06-30-2004, 04:09 PM   #45
MVP

I didn't feel like reading all the Bullbleep in this thread so sorry
if this was already mentioned... but do you think it would have been
better if SEGA just gave out free final version demo disks. If they
want people to try the game EB and Gamestop, best buy..... Sega should
have these people handing out free demo's. I think a lot more people
would try the game then perhaps buy it at full price. Just a thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2004, 04:14 PM   #46
TIm
MVP

That's actually a good idea...And it may work under one condition.... That Sega sports makes a Full blown demo....Have alot more features then a normal demo would...If you understand...Good idea
Old 06-30-2004, 04:19 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:

TIm said:
That's actually a good idea...And it may work under one condition.... That Sega sports makes a Full blown demo....Have alot more features then a normal demo would...If you understand...Good idea

I think they would reach alot more people that way and make
more money. Some folks may not even want to dish out 20.00 but
I think almost everyone would try a free demo. Like you said
a good bug free full featured demo.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:35 PM   #48
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

a few things have happened because of this price drop.

first, people are talking about it. even on madden boards.

second, 2k5 is getting advertising thru other sources now without even paying for it. gamespy's price drop article is an example.

finally, it is one of the top pre-release sellers on ebgames now since the drop.

people are presently and will in the future be buying this game.

it is already good enough for the casual gamer to be satisfied if the few beta comments are true. the hardcore, of course, will disect it to death later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »