Home

Developer Interview on Gamespot

This is a discussion on Developer Interview on Gamespot within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2004, 08:59 AM   #17
Rookie

roadpimp's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Developer Interview on Gamespot

The running amimations still can be tweaked a little but the momentum VC added makes it look alot better.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:36 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

MattG said:
Looks great!

I still can't believe that every play will be saved.

Plus the presention of the recap of each play with current stats in the corner is a nice touch.

Well, every play will be saved FOR THAT GAME ONLY. Meaning, the minute you move on to the next game, that current game save will be gone. Unless you actually take the time to save a specific replay to your hard drive like you currently can do for NFL2k4.

Like I have mentioned before, this feature would have been a lot more useful and fun if the game selected about 5 or 6 BIG moments throughout your Franchise, and made a Team Highlight Video for the end of the year if you make the Playoffs. You then can watch the video as Chris Berman is guding you through the play, commenting on how it helped you on your way to the Playoffs. A visual reward for making it to the Playoffs.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:54 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 7

I think I read that the game DID in fact do something like that Vader. I don't think Berman will talk about it, but I seem to remember in the last Q & A session that they said the game will save some of your big plays and show them to you at the end of the season.

[Added]

Found it.

Quote:

GesusGeorge
Q: Will we get a Top 10 Plays of the Week in Berman's weekly wrapup? Also, will we be seeing video replays of more games in the weekly wrapup (hopefully a replay of every game, but with the option to skip over a game's replay by pressing X or A)? If these are not in the game this year, will they be in the game soon?

A: If you have an Xbox or PS2 + Hard Drive, we actually keep the biggest user plays around and then can play them back for you at the end of the season. By the way, did you catch that, while playing a game, you can review any play from any drive by Pausing, going into GameCast, and then pressing A/X to start it up?

Old 07-01-2004, 12:09 PM   #20
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

kirkangil said:
And a little bit about 1st person football. You can switch between 1st and 3rd person at anytime during the game now. And some other stuff that i forgot because im not really interested in 1st person.

Man that's the only way to play!!!
j/k..
I love FPM and probably play 75% FPM and 25 Regular mode. Just love the atmosphere of it.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:32 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Also, just as a little thing, it's nice to see that the "base" formation in a playbook (the one that is displayed first when selecting plays) can be something other than I-formation now. The default formation when he's calling plays for San Francisco is a 3 WR set. It was always a (admittedly really really tiny) hassle to have to flip down through all the I-formations even if your team's playbook was heavy on the singleback sets.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »