Home

Where's the Franchise Q&A?

This is a discussion on Where's the Franchise Q&A? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2004, 06:17 PM   #25
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Where\'s the Franchise Q&A?

Quote:

Rocky said:
Thing is, this is in ESPN NBA and MLB so I guess they don't want there NFL series franchise mode to be too much like Madden's.

Read my post again. Its been edited and says that Madden has done some really basiac fundamental things that VC really shouldn't avoid if they want to further enhance Franchiose Mode.

By them being so caught up in not copying Madden they've somewhat hindered themselves from making greater progress in the Franchise Mode area. Weekly Prep is great But could have been even better if they had other fundmental aspects down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2004, 06:41 PM   #26
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:

PacMan3000 said:
Kanobi...are you saying that in Madden you could have assistant coaches who, after a couple years, would get swept away to another team that would hire them as a head coach?

YES! and you might even have to Face them down the road! That sh*t is TIGHT! Plus you could promote your current assistants to HC if you want...or a special teams coach to a coordinator, etc.

All the Coaches even Profiles with the past sucess on other teams, how many Super Bowls they've won, and the pevious coaching position they've held.. They all have Attributes...MOT (motivation)ETH (work Ethic), CHM(Chemistry), KNO(Knowledge) and then during the hiring process you'll see their attributes by position (qb, rb, wr, ol, dt, de, etc) so you'll see which positions they help improve the most.

So basically the more success you have as a team...the more other teams will come after your assistants and it's really diffcult to keep em. You'll also see Former head Coaches get demoted to Coordinator with other teams ala Dave Campo, Greg Williams, etc...so theres CONTINUOUS change. The league is always changing in Madden...not just Players via free agency but the Coaching staffs you face as well.

HOPEFULLY, VC tries to get something like this in 2k6. IMO it would make for a KILLER franchise Mode because of the effect it'd have on weekly prep .
Old 07-03-2004, 06:44 PM   #27
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Maybe Kanobi should send a few lines to VC... since he has connections and all.
Old 07-03-2004, 06:54 PM   #28
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:

Flyboy said:
Maybe Kanobi should send a few lines to VC... since he has connections and all.

They read the forums. Its good we're mentioning this early because it improves the chances of it getting in next yr. I sent weekly prep to VC last yr around early june to ensure they'd have time. Hopefully we get some coaching staffs in there next yr. IMO that'll really enhance weekly prep. Whic reminds...the weekly prep idea I sent in also featured an assistant coach feedback system where your assistants would give you reports on player(s) progress or anything they may have noticed during the week...something like scouting reports but a little deeper. Maybe they can add that next yr.
Old 07-03-2004, 06:56 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 1

the only thing i don't like is when they dance around answers or don't answer at all what you ask.
That only points out there is things they are hiding they don't want to admit to.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:09 PM   #30
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Quote:

SAGA45
Q: I have a 2-part question
I noticed in the Weekly Prep video from last week that theres a new ESPN.COM option in place of the "Stats" option from last yr. What exactly will this new ESPN.COM feature entail in terms of League News info? Will There Be anything new in terms of info from last yr like Position Battles, Coaches on the Hotseat, Trade Rumors, Free Agency Buzz, etc?
And speaking of Free Agency, Will there be any new college recruiting-type aspects added to the process of aquiring free agents such as using team prestige, playing time, team system, etc as selling points in order to get free agents to sign with your team?
Thanks

A: ESPN.com is a great new feature. It lets you look at all the stats, and all of the history of franchise mode. You can track trades/signings/retirements/cuts and more.

I like this..sounds good.

dang ..in all my complaining I missed this post

Yeah the espn.com feature sounds Awesome! Nfl2k4 suffered from the lack of a true League news feature but it appears they've upgraded this. I'm thinking with the hradrive, you may see all the transactions that have occured in your franchise...even from past seasons. Good Job, VC.

However, he dodged that free agency question like a pro Maybe they'll add that next yr as well.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:45 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 7

Something that worries me quite a bit is the fact that the CPU team you face won't be using weekly prep. So what...this means I can give some of my players up to a 6 or 7 point boost to their stats on a week to week basis, making them that much better than the computer? I can really see this becoming a problem over time if someone puts together a team that is already very good before weekly prep.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2004, 11:12 PM   #32
Banned

TallTell's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Aaenuel said:
Something that worries me quite a bit is the fact that the CPU team you face won't be using weekly prep. So what...this means I can give some of my players up to a 6 or 7 point boost to their stats on a week to week basis, making them that much better than the computer? I can really see this becoming a problem over time if someone puts together a team that is already very good before weekly prep.

I heard that you can't make super players, their stats don't increase much. And will decrease if you don't use the right preperation combos

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »